Y&R - Speculation about Camryn Grimes' character

• Members

I'm sorry, it wasn't supposed to be a dig at you! Thank you for posting :) It's just that this type of story doesn't fit Y&R's classic mould and is quite boring IMHO I posted because I feel sorry for the show.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How old would Cassie be if she had lived? And I know that probably messes up the ages TPTB want us to think Nick and Sharon and everybody else are.

So, if CG is 23, then that seems like an OK pairing with Tyler...? The timing fits - when she arrived in GC with the timing that Mariah would have appeared...

They seriously need to change the credits if CG is not really portraying Cassie Newman.

• Members

I noticed that CG is listed as "Cassie" and I believe it's more of a reference to the fact that she is playing "Cassie's Ghost" rather than anything else. I'm glad they are keeping the "mystery" going on. This has really been the first doppelganger storyline on Y&R that I actually relish. I think it's three parts - 1) watching CG mature as an actress and realizing she was no child fluke; 2) the awesome chemistry CG and EB have together; 3) that the character has an edge (poor Cassie Newman was bound to be stuck in the good girl role, despite what happened at the end of Cassie's run). Heck, the unknown second birth worked well on AW (Victoria) and ATWT (Rose), but that was because the actresses were able to create distinct characters to their originals. It's a formula that can work when the audience wants it.

• Members

I still feel like Mariah will be a doppelganger played by Christel Khalil, which will be a total disaster. Camryn Grimes will be playing some type of Sharon offspring I'm sure, but not Cassie. I wonder what type of romantic story she'll end up with down the line.

• Members

Cassie dies at 14 almost 10 years ago. She would also be 24. However, if this is Cassie or a twin, I can see them having Cassie play older because of Noah. Maybe she is 27 while he is 24. That is still off by a big margin but what are you gonna do?

• Members

Good question. Another question. Will they accept Abby and "Cassie" fighting over Tyler? Devon, maybe. Although folks dont like it, he is Kay's grandson and super rich. And many long term viewers have affection for the Winters family. Plus they know he is a "good boy". Not sure about Tyler though.

From online feed back that I see on Tabby, folks seem to think they are boring. That's the biggest complaint. Not too much about race.

If she is not Cassie and totally unrelated, then I think their won't be any issues. If she is Cassie, I think response will be something else altogether.

• Members

Also where I am with it all.

I expect NuCassie to get a recast Kyle for her and Summer to fight over or possibly a desoras' d Chance to form the qaud. Whoever it is, will be connected to canvas and a part of core with enough family on screen to be a lead story. I relish it if it means less Victoria and Chelsea.

• Members

Me too, in terms of CK playing Mariah while FauxCassie will end up being offspring to Sharon. Let's not forget that JP was on the writing staff @ ATWT when the Lily/Rose story took place and I could see her repeating this on Y&R. Even though there were quite a few viewers who didn't care for the storyline, from all accounts it was very popular and the Martha Byrne lapped up the storyline. If fauxCassie is not a twin, it might be something similar to Frannie and Sabrina (a much better executed storyline than Lily/Rose) or some combination of the two storylines.

I'd be shocked if CG were playing a character unrelated to Cassie.

I would've liked it if she had a chance to scare the hell out of Daniel first before the big reveal. Interesting now that CG is playing an edgier character, I think she would've actually been interesting with Daniel. If I were writing it, I'd have the Daniel return for a brief storyline arc where he'd be both freaked out and oddly fixated on fauxCassie.

As for the CK/Mariah storyline, I could see them doing this as an attempt to play both ends against the middle. When Lily had that dalliance with Tyler, many people were intrigued by the pairing and it made CK interesting for the first time in...I don't know how long. I think even she realized this. TPTB are scared to death of ticking of the rabid Lane fans but probably saw some chemistry with CK and RW and probably see this as some sort of solution, rather than splitting Lane, which they are scared to do, although splitting Lane is what they should've done. Y&R has quite a few couplings that just don't work but I guess they are risk averse and don't want to split them all.

The Lily/Mariah possibility makes less sense to me because part of what made it interesting was the fact that it was milquetoast Lily getting close with Tyler.

• Members

I agree with you. I know some Lane fans that don't want CK to play Mariah but I would love see if CK could play anything other than a valley girl. Some of them have pulled the IR card when it comes to defending Lane against their critics.

• Members

Lane fans live to hold Lily and CK back. It's their primary goal, it seems. What is so wrong with CK playing a second character? It will give her more airtime and a chance to shine. And it doesn't threaten Lane in anyway.

I don't think CK can pull off a totally different character. I am sure Mariah would just be Lily with another name.

Archived