GH: April 2014 Discussion Thread

• Members

I have no idea why Luke is suddenly uncle when he's not Spencer's uncle at all.

But its just like Sonny's insta-connection with Spencer although it started with dialog awhile ago indicating that Leslie was taking Spencer to visit Sonny then backed up with a couple of conversations between Sonny/Spencer months later (he' never acknowledged Spencer' existence until right now);

a new viewer would think they were close. I would have written Spencer to ask Sonny about his sister whom is is his mother he's never known, yet they bypassed all that, just cut to the chase for the plot point. It just would have made more sense for them to bond because of his mother instead Emma Drake.

What I found equally strange is that not only does Spencer seem to not know who Luke is but that he was named after him. Does Spencer know Luke is his aunt's/uncle's father? Does he know his grandmother?

As for the show and its great ratings, I firmly believe Carlintini has carte blanche for their wretched writing; I read time and time again how its better than nothing... there are fans who fear the last ABC soap will be cancelled and just roll with it. They are lauded as the saviors of GH and can do no wrong. Not to mention they have trained a lot of the (new) audience for their inept style of storytelling. IMO, many has been dummied down and/or don't even know what a soap opera is.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks Brett (alexisfan) I vaguely remember that scene between Emma and Patrick now. I just assumed it was another thing that happened off screen, like his drug addiction.

Glad to know the actor playing Carlos isn't taping much.

• Members

I may regret this "praise" later but loved that they had Ned speak of Luke rapping Laura back in 79 and talking about how could she marry him and how they said it was seduction. Never liked that at all.

• Members

AJ's funeral STILL hasn't started? Carly left for the funeral on Friday, showed up today and then had time to got to the PCPD, all before this thing begins

Why the heck was Sonny at the Qs? I thought he told Michael he wouldn't show up

• Members

The only line I listened to in the Kiki and Morgan scenes was the reminder about the Luke/Kiki moment. So did not need reminders of that, ughh! Other than that it was Kiki and Morgan being very annoying together as always.

Luke and Spencer were hammy in an UN-funny way. Luke threatening Spencer was just ridiculous and boring. And I don't care about this love story with Spencer and Emma.

Still can't stand Sabrina but TC looked really pretty today.

Ava is such a terrible villainess. And has horrible taste in men given her interest in repellant Morgan. I wanted Carly to throw her through a window and I don't even like Carly for the most part. I can't stand Ava thinking she's better than everyone and always having the upper hand.

Love Jane Elliott and love Tracy but wow is Tracy stupid! Loving Ned right now.

• Members

Is Monica even going to be shown? LOL. Seriously they are dragging this out badly.

Morgan looks awful with his hair like that. Didn't Thiebaud want it longer? She clearly has terrible taste.

Ned has been a rare bright spot. Jane Elliot looked great today as well (aside from Tracy's mumus) but Tracy is beyond dumb.

I'm tired of Ava always having the upper hand as well. Carly pledging her love for Franco through the bars disgusts me. Carly should have eaten Ava alive.

Liz continues to be totally useless. I did lol at Nikolas stammering "they teach things ..." when trying to lecture that awful brat.

• Members

I half paid attention to most of the show but Liz, Nik and Ned were my go to characters that kept me in it, Carlos and Franco looked like they needed a good washing; I just refuse to watch Kiki (who always seems out of place) and Sabrina at this point so. I was surprised that Luke/Laura's history was brought up today.

Another mystery to solve do Morgan, Michael, Kiki earn a living? Do they work or anything?

I half paid attention to most of the show but Liz, Nik and Ned were my go to characters that kept me in it, Carlos and Franco looked like they needed a good washing; I just refuse to watch Kiki (who always seems out of place) and Sabrina at this point so. I was surprised that Luke/Laura's history was brought up today seems like Michael/Kiki is in the Faux Luke storyline, another mystery to solve., Does Morgan, Michael, Kiki earn a living? Do they work or anything?

• Members

I think Ned should stick around for awhile! Yep I noticed the Laura mentions as well, LuLu was on the phone with her last week.

Nope they didn't sugar coat the Luke/Laura thing although Ned didn't say flat out it was Laura that Luke was accused of raping. I enjoy Ava/Carly scenes for some reason.

• Members

Right? What do Morgan, Michael and Kaka even do? Does Michael still run that bar or whatever that Morgan whined over for a hot minute months ago?

Roger Howarth and Kristen Alderson will always look out of place.

Emma and Spencer are stupid. They're 8 and shouldn't be 'in love'. It's NOT cute and it doesn't help the show writes them obnoxious (but they probably believe it's "cute").

Sabrina just doesn't belong with Patrick. I really wouldn't mind seeing her with someone else (not Carrrrrrlos the scuzzball). I actually haven't hated them around each other lately, it's clear they're better off as friends. It works much better. Thompson has more chemistry with Herbst and even Monaco (I see Sam and Sil-ass disappeared after their 'story' wrapped up ... not complaining though!)

How soon until the wonderful Ned "disappears"? How much has Wally taped? Addie ... Brett(alexisfan)? Is Geary going on his vacation anytime soon? LOL

I also liked how they didn't sugarcoat Luke raping Laura. That did surprise me. It's the truth. And Kiki had the perfect reaction, like most sane people would. I think if this doesn't say Luke and Laura are over ... HOWEVER, I notice the Laura name dropping lately ....

• Members

That's what I was meaning. I forgot the name. I assume they "work" there however Daddy Corinthos pays them. Must be nice.

And Ron was dumb to not show us Deception with Laura and Lucy. I would of actually liked watching that, but to me, it probably would have been Laura/Lucy/Scotty playing musical beds, like Lucy and Scotty did later. Scotty and Lucy would have romped, Kevin and Laura would have looked like idiots ... I totally believe Laura was supposed to be in Tracy's role in that Cassadine Island story.

Archived