GH: March 2014 Discussion

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Is it just me or MB never ONCE showed for that cause? I see JE REGULARLY and the woman is in her 60ies (i think shes ok with me lying) but it looks like MB couldnt be bothered. As much asi dislike sonny MB is a face closely associated with GH SO i might be off but it irks me.

• Members

I guess i see your point. It still seems odd to me. Such a missed opportunity for good PR. I am assuming that he would be greatly compensated for his "precious" time. And if two ladies in their 70ies can bother to show and lend a hand i would expedct someone like MB would be a given.

• Members

I really do not care who did or did not attend one of these countless soap star events.

Chit, IIRC Ric pondered smothering Liz after she discovered he had Carly locked up in his panic room. Liz then promptly passed out due to his dosing her with birth control or something. She was hospitalized, Ric visited her at GH, and while she slept he seemed to be considering taking her out. I saw the scenes for the first time in years not long ago, actually, but I can't recall whether he, like, grabbed a pillow or anything. I think it was mostly a foreboding monologue he gave while she was sleeping. This was less than a year after he was first introduced, I believe - they boxed Ric in very fast. Regardless, I think Ric and Liz got back together for a little bit after all that, sort of.

The Liz pairing was obviously a stopgap for both characters - they threw them together very quickly, with no real interest in developing it as anything other than a piece of scenery to motivate further plot for "evil Ric". Then the couple garnered a fanbase because of the chemistry between the actors. But personally I've never seen the passion or any real writing for them. I just don't understand why she got involved with him.

• Members

Why not, she got together with almost everyone else in town. If i'm not mistaken, she even flirted with Patrick for a while right after Robin "died." Ric, AJ, Nicholas etc... There isn't many men in Port Charles that she or Carly haven't slept with...yet! and they both had three children by three different father's (well one of Liz's kids died of course.)

• Members

I've actually enjoyed a lot of Liz's growth as an adult, at least aside from the humiliating interludes with Nikolas. Her life turned out relatively realistically, the way one might IRL - she had big dreams of being an artist, but tempered those when she became pregnant very young from a ONS. She had Zander's child, then Jason's and then her husband's, and she raises three (and then two) little boys and makes ends meet working as a nurse. She strives to make it work as a harried single mom and she took a real job to make that happen. It makes sense. I just wish they'd devote better story to her character, which they really don't. I liked her with A.J. - that could've gone on years with her as the Lesley the madonna to Carly's Monica the whore, with A.J. as Dr. Rick in the middle. But Liz is really an afterthought for the show, the whole Niz re-pairing is. It's just a time-waster, a reunion for two talented actors in one of their most unpopular pairings.

• Members

Michael Easton volunteered once for Habitat for Humanity. Unfortunately, they mistook him for a homeless person and offered to build him a home instead.

"I might look like a blowfish with a bad haircut -- but at least I can open my eyes!"

Archived