ALL: Characters with too many miscarried/dead children

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Fulton said that once she got to the age where she could be a grandmother, she had the clause dropped. It was gone by the time Margo lost Tom's baby in 1986 (which got a lot of fan hate thrown Eileen's way).

Did anyone mention Nicole?

• Members

At the risk of sounding like a b*tch, I don't think 2-3 losses for a character is all that many, especially if they've been on the show for a long time, and you're counting early miscarriages and abortions. Miscarriage is so common, and it's certainly not unheard of for women to lose 2, 3, 4 or more pregnancies attempting to have just one healthy baby. :(

• Members

Victoria Newman has had some crazy baby doom. Her daughter Eve died shortly after birth. She miscarried with Brad. Then she was in a coma and missed the birth and first weeks of Reed's life. Then she lost custody of him and he moved to DC. She had another miscarriage with Billy and was declared infertile. Then she faked adopted Lucy and lost her. Now she has Johnny.... for now.

• Members

I understand IRL, miscarriages are common. I think the difference is on soaps, it's unusual to have multiple miscarriages/stillbirths in a short amount of time. I swear, Paul Ryan lost three babies with two women in two years. (I might have this wrong...Emily had a stillborn daughter, Meg miscarried after getting knocked down in a fight between Craig and Paul...I thought Meg had another miscarriage, but my memory's fuzzing on that).

Oh, Rick and Amber lost two babies that she wailed over and buried in the desert or some such thing. And then Rick lost a third when Deacon got custody of Rick Jr, who Amber had taken from Becky.

• Members

For miscarried, I feel like Nicole would own this thread.

As far as dead children, I would say Stefano which has bugged me to no end given how powerful he and his family have been in my DAYS viewing that it would seem to limit the potential by having the majority of his children dead.

• Members

What about Brooke on B&B. I know she miscarried her first baby with Ridge around 1988/89. The second in 1998 was contentious since the writers never confirmed 100% if she was pregnant in the first place. Did she have anymore? I stopped watching in 99 but thought she had.

Archived