2014 Winter Olympics Thread

Toups

• Administrator

Two more golds for Canada - Alex Bilodeau in moguls and Charles Hamelin in 1500 metres! And a silver in moguls. So glad to see Canada doing so well early on. It's so awesome to see Canada so confident again and building on Vancouver. Let's keep it up!!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't stand Bob Costas and have to admit that I laughed at his pink eye and all the tweets joking about it, but Gawd, Matt Lauer looks like he needs a good scrubbing and grooming. I will take Costas over him any day.

The Russian pair were wonderful. i like the Germans too.

• Members

Double Gold in women's alpine skiing downhill for Slovenia and Austria – first time ever that there are two first places in this event.

Gold for the Netherlands in men's speed skating over 1000 metres.

Gold for Germany in men's nordic combined 10km normal hill.

Another Gold for Germany in luge doubles.

• Members

Was so great to see the US men sweep the Slopestyle Skiing. I was especially happy that Joss Christensen got the gold. He so deserved it. Coming in, the media, etc wrote him off, since he was the worst ranked of the 4 Americans. Wasn't even supposed to get to final let alone medal. But he showed them all. Only competitor to have four of his runs above 90 and 3 of his 4 runs were the highest scoring. Talk about picking the right time to peak.

• Members

Yuzuru Hanyu needs to win that gold medal tomorrow. He's phenomenal, and was outstanding in both the team event and in his individual short program.

I kind of feel bad for Patrick Chan, being the World Champion and favourite going into the Olympics. He could still squeeze out a gold tomorrow, but if Hanyu continues to skate the way he does, Chan doesn't have a chance.

Archived