Y&R: Interview of Jess Walton, Goddard, and Rogers

• Members

I just can't with Caneleb Ashbykinson...and DG doesn't seem to understand the issues with his character and why he needs to be gone...and I fear that I will never be rod of him.

Michael: Since Jess Walton is truly the showrunner and writer at Y&R (laughs), why do you think it works so well with you and her on-screen, Tristan?

TRISTAN: It just came out of nowhere! I was only employed for ten shows originally on Y&R. I was employed to bring Daniel off the show. Then, they put a blimp up in the air and he stayed! (Laughs)

DANIEL: Did you hear that? Tristan was originally brought on the show to take me off the show! And here I am walking around going, This is awesome. Ive got a father! (Laughs)

MICHAEL: Jess, where do you want to see this all go between Jill and Colin, especially since youre the writers secret weapon! (Laughs)

JESS: Thats the one thing; I could never be a writer. I could never do that! I am an actor. I dont know where I really want to go, and that is really up to the writers. I like the idea of Jill having a family. Its something I never really have done on the show. I have always been a single unit on the show. I mean, I have been part of the Chancellors, and part of the Abbotts.

DANIEL: That is why I think Cane and Jill get along so well, because Cane and Jill were very hungry for a family, and after they broke us apart, I never crossed over to the Abbott/Newman side of the island. Billy (Billy Miller, now David Tom) moved through us and moved over there. Tyler (Redaric Williams) moved through us and moved over there, but Cane has always been on his side of the island.

JESS: Cane and Jill just have a very special bond

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/the-young-and-the-restless/the-daniel-goddard-tristan-rogers-jess-walton-interview-the-young-and-the-restless/2014/02/03/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

*I* do not love the character of Colin, Daniel Goddard. I was watching back when Brenda Dickson was Jill...

I kept thinking 3 things while reading this interview: It seems as if TPTB are going to make the same mistake with Colin as they did with Adam - not addressing the very bad things he did and just moving on as if nothing happened, but with humor (??!!!) this time? It's insulting how they continue to underestimate us. They think that we think it's going to be humorous, them trying to whitewash or ignore his past?!

2: It seems as if they are trying desperately to fit a square peg into a round hole - this was never shown to be to be a great love and can never be a sustainable great love with a criminal. Jill loved Colin more than Phillip? Cue the twilight zone music. I am surprised at JW trying to make it something it wasn't and diminshing something that WAS. Seems desperate. Too desperate. Hinky, as the guy in The Fugitive movie said.

3: All 3 of them seem to think Colin and Cane separate and as a family are so doggoned beloved because they tried unsuccessfully to put humor into it, and they ARE NOT. There is nothing funny about how they wrote Colin and it can't be swept under the carpet.

I hate it that JW seems so desperate to sell this trainwreck.

• Members

Thanks. As always his interviews are a little odd, like they're being translated into English, but it was nice to hear more from them, especially Jess.

I wasn't watching during the time she almost left with Britney and Bobby. How did that play onscreen? It sounds like it's OOC.

• Members

IMO Jill & Colin are lots of fun to watch, and Y&R desperately needs some fun these days. I don't think what Colin has done onscreen equals what Adam did. Colin tried to kidnap his grandchildren, but he did not want to hurt them, he did it out of (misguided) love. Most of Colin's "crimes" have been alluded too, but we've never seen them play out on screen, so we really don't know if he's that horrible. To me he comes off as a bad guy with a heart, who could become a better man in the future. I though Genevieve came off much worse forcing Cane to gaslight Lily, and trying to murder Colin.

Soaps sweep wrongdoing under the carpet all the time....even murder.. Katherine Chancellor KILLED a man, on purpose, simply because he didn't love her. Yet she becomes the beloved matriarch of Genoa City and lived a privileged life her entire run.

• Members

They can paint lipstick on a pig all they want but it's still awful. I love Jess and that JFP seems to want to please her, but I'm not going to just accept it because it's "all she's going to get". Writers are supposed to be creative. I'm still shocked MTS gets airtime. Not super stoked about that story, either. At least it's something I can somewhat buy.

Archived