GH: February 2014 Discussion

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's the truth. Kim was told "the story is already written" when she offered to stay bc Sleeps had to be tweaked due to Tristan leaving for YR. Kim was turned down, which tells me, the story before TR left wasn't all that great for Robin in the first place. Kim served her purpose and got paid, so there!

• Members

Maybe the OLTL transplant would be treated better, but Ron and Frank have screwed over many a male vet/returnee in this clusterfv** they call GH. Sean Kanan. Tristan Rogers. To name two. Granted, those guys aren't/weren't offering to stay and being told their services were not needed which is particularly insulting. But I thought both IR and Sebastian had indicated they were willing to extend their time on the show. And they told TSJ the same thing when he offered to extend after OLTL was cancelled. They'd already written Victor off.

• Members

The first time Kim left she was let go 2 months early; I didn't know they did the same thing this time as well she doesn't start her movie until this Spring (May). I don't believe for a nanosecond Robert Scorpio would have been used significantly in February look at his return?

Ron claims he had to "rewrite" sweeps because of him signing with Y/R yet they never bothered to secure the actor...

Tristan immediately responded on his Facebk wall that he was never contacted re: staying or /and February sweeps ... Franks and Ron are masters at working it to their vantage point to make themselves look good.

• Members

Honestly, I do not blame them. I think they're foolish to cater to any actor's availability. Especially in TSJ's case. My understanding was they'd given him time off for pilot season with the understanding he would sign the contract he was offered after pilot season was complete. Then he came back and didn't accept the terms, so they wrote him out. After that, OLTL was cancelled, and they would have had to rewrite everything again. And they did show him alive at the end of the show, so to an extent they managed to keep him relevant for the reboot.

Kim wants the freedom to pursue other projects, but she can't expect them to jump through hoops to accommodate her schedule. JMO.

• Members

Kim wanting to do other things is not the problem here. moRon whined that TR's departure caused him to have to change the Sleeps story. Kim offered to stick around a bit longer to give Robin a proper exit and was turned down, which means TR had very little to do with what was written for Robin initially.

Archived