DOOL: Who's turn is it to be leading lady?

• Members

Who's turn is it to be leading lady? At one point I thought that the torch would be passed to KA (Hope) but she left and Allison Sweeney came along. To anyone that surfs the internet there it is no secret that changes are happening. Do you think the leading lady needs to be someone with history or can a new face with a good backstory do the job???

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Is there any need to find the next leading lady?

Soaps have always worked best as ensemble pieces. You just can't have one person lead on a daytime show.

Sami was the type of character that could easily get into various types of dramas & was played by a very popular actress so it was easy for her to get the lion's share but it happened, generally speaking, organically. No need for them to start pushing for the next Hope or the next Sami.

• Members

Maybe not a "leading lady" but the way dramas and stories a set up there should be a central character that is STRONG enough to drive stories. Sami's happening organically can be debated when she was clearly shoved down viewers throats (I loved every second of it). I mean they have the category at the Awards (Lead Actress vs. Supporting Actress). So there is a need for some LEAD actresses on DAYS, there can be more than one. All can't be LEAD (They don't have IT) and some definitely has a place as SUPPORTING.

Lauren Koslow is a SUPERB supporting actress, but has she ever been giving lead material?

Maybe not a "leading lady" but the way dramas and stories a set up there should be a central character that is STRONG enough to drive stories. Sami's happening organically can be debated when she was clearly shoved down viewers throats (I loved every second of it). I mean they have the category at the Awards (Lead Actress vs. Supporting Actress). So there is a need for some LEAD actresses on DAYS, there can be more than one. All can't be LEAD (They don't have IT) and some definitely has a place as SUPPORTING.

Lauren Koslow is a SUPERB supporting actress, but has she ever been giving lead material?

• Members

I'd love it, but does she have the chops, they've painted that character so much as the "loser" since her return. She's definitely a vet, she can be paired with anyone (she's not related to the whole town), but Nicole has become so pathetic. I'd say bring Chloe back, she has more "it" than Nicole.

Archived