Felicity

VirginiaHamilton

• Members

I decided to go back in time over the holidays and rewatch this show on DVD for the first time since it originally aired and I have to say that it's amazing how differently you see a show half a lifetime later...

1. While I still find Felicity's big chop fugly as fvck, I still think that season 2 was still a great season (and prefer its ending over season 1's). The show, IMO, began to falter in season 3 when they threw in every depressing scenario known to man, along with Julie leaving...

2. I find myself being a lot less harsh towards Felicity these days, as I now consider her dumb ass behavior as the lessons that she has to learn.

3. Though I vastly prefer Noel to this day and loathe how he was constantly shat on by the women in his life, I've come to not hate Ben and do find some of his disregard justified.

All and all, I'd say that it was a slightly accurate depiction of going to college in NYC. I'm still on the first half of season 3, so I reserve the right to change my mind.

ETA: That "New Version of Me" theme song sucks...

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I bought the DVD of all four seasons a few years ago. I still love the show. Felicity gave me so much second hand embarrassment in the first season, I spent most of it watching trying to cover my eyes.

I always preferred Ben over Noel. I think that was one of the first shows where I knew what the endgame was going to be and I was happy about it.

• Members

Last week I watched some Felicity reruns after work. It was embarrassing how she was practically stalking Ben. he wrote one nice thing in her year book and she goes to New York just because he's going?! That said, I thought Keri Russell and Scott Speedman worked well together. I liked Scott Foley as Noel. But it seems like he gets typecast as awkward people.

Meghan was a blast! She was the best. I loved seeing her call it like it is especially when it came to everything about Felicity and her friends and family.

I also liked how Felicity's parents had control issues and wanted to dictate Felicity's life but they wanted her to be happy and supported her decisions, no matter how stupid some of them were.

I do not miss Felicity's frizz problem! Ugh, frizzy hair. One thing I certainly don't miss about this show.

• Members

Meghan ended up being my favorite of the female characters (even though I was predisposed to hate her in the beginning) because she pretty much voiced what I'd felt about Felicity at the time. Though I've softened towards Felicity, my love for Meghan has not dimmed one bit since I've first watched the show. I have to say that she and Noel were my favorite characters on the show.

I have to say that Tracy was one of the best characterizations of a young Christian man that I've seen on television. Usually, TV depicts them as hateful assh0les or hypocritical freaks, but he was a full-fledged character who happened to have an unshakeable faith in God while struggling with his morals. Though I used to wish that Elena hadn't messed up that good thing she had with him back when I'd first watched the show, I've now come to terms with the fact that that relationship (as much as I loved it) wouldn't have lasted no matter how much either tried to maintain it (and they definitely did with the best of intentions).

• 1 month later...
  • Members

So, I wrapped up this show last month and...

While I don't hate Ben as much as I did the first time around, he's still a dullard and I still vastly prefer Noel over him.

Though I was a F&N stan the first time around, being subjected to the boring ass F&B show that was the last 2 seasons took its toll on me to the point where I'm certain that Noel was far too good for Felicity. I would've preferred to see him & Ruby reunited, but am glad that he found love after he realized tgat he was wasting his time.

Noel & Meghan are the 2 characters that I never stopped loving from beginning to end. What I'd like to know is why they had to jettison Elena to the backburner and wasn't able to figure out what to do with Julie post-Ben.

• Members

Julie/Noel was supposed to happen but then ajj asked to bew ritten out to grief for I believe her mother who had died and wanted to focus on that and her music.

I think that the actress who played Elena on light signed on for a handful of episodes in the final season. The final season was weird cuz it was a short order that got extended after they had done the finale and wrapped I believe.

Archived