Y&R: January 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Because Hilary clearly wants and prefers Jack. They do have good chemistry too. Devon asked her out and she put him off. I can't help thinking that is because of her crush on Jack. Also, she spends way more airtime with Jack then Devon. It seems more their story than Devon's.

• Members

Ugh! Have you watched soaps before YR? Pairings go thru things before coming together. This is fine, and I hope it makes Devon's blood boil. Hevon will find their way together soon enough and the pace is fine. Jack is a minor road block and soon Hill will figure out that he is the father she never had, especially after he loses Summer.

• Members

LOL. I have watched many soaps over the years and I have recorded Y&R for over 23 years (yes, since I was 12). This is the precise reason why I question who the writers are pairing Hilary with. Usually, it is clear. In this case it is not. And yeah, I like when pairings are not just thrown together. It makes you root for them.

I still say that I don't want Devon to be Hilary's second choice. Many soap couples begin with other people but usually they are pining for each other (both Nick and Sharon and Billy and Mac started this way). They normally don't pine for someone else. I would be fine if Hilary got with Jack then realized he wasn't who she wanted then pined for Devon. But for her to want Devon after/if Jack rebuffs her is something else altogether. No. Lol.

I also want to see a blood boiling with raging jealousy Devon. I just wish it was with Noah or Kyle. The younger set needs this drama. Not old man Jack.

• Members

I don't see TPTB going there with Jack and Hillary at all. Whoever that was who was talking to Hillary about having a crush on Jack, well that was just more crappy dialoque and/or he/she just misunderstood the fatherly affection/dedication to her job/employer that Hillary feels re: Jack. Was it Kyle? I totally didn't see anything weird when she was tying Jack's tie. Crap writing. She clearly has sparks in her eyes/chemistry when she is with Devon. Maybe Kyle needs to observe her with Devon.

As for today's show, Chelsea was saying OMG OMG OMG to Victor and then when she let him hold her, and I said "OMG!! OMG!! OMG!!". That was creepy, unrealistic, inconsistent, crap writing. No way would Chelsea let that monster get that close to her.

I don't know how they film things, but MM said he had 2 days of filming after he was told he was fired. So, tomorrow is the day after he learned he was fired - the first of his last 2 days? If so, can't wait to watch that and see if there is any difference in his demeanor. Can't wait to watch him leaving, with the door hitting his a$$ anyhow. Party-time!

• Members
I think it was great writing because Hilary does come across as having a crush on Jack. It seems to be intentionally played that way. Especially since Y&R are pushing that "triangle" on social media. Someone said that Mishael Morgan said in SOD that Hilary wants Jack (I haven't read it). I assume she has been told this for character motivation.

No doubt she also has something with Devon too. That is obvious. He asked her out on a date. But she put him off. It's because she isn't that into him. She prefers someone else. What else would the reason be because none was given.

I just don't want Devon to be forever that dude Hilary is with because she can't have who she really wanted. That would be crappy writing if Hevon is the intended couple.

I just put Chelsea being consoled by Victor down to her being out of her mind with grief and shock.

• Members

This Stitch/Victoria stuff is some of the most boring, stupid [!@#$%^&*] I have ever seen. It's not just stupid, it's uninteresting. And Amelia Heinle is awful. I'm half-convinced Victoria is functionally retarded.

• Members

I couldn't manage to watch the whole show (the sets, the lighting, the music, the acting are just horrific). But I did watch the confrontation scenes just out of curiosity to see MM's face after being fired (or whatever... I'm not too sure about the timing). I just can't help it but feel his acting is so damn pathetic. You can see how in the back of his mind he's just thinking how awesome and gripping his performance will come across. Yeah, dude. I can't wait for his last day.

• Members

You know I want this pairing for Devon more than anybody. He is a great fave of mine. I think Hilary does like Devon. It just seems like if she had to choose at this time, Jack would be the guy. Just calling it like I see it. Here's hoping that changes and the writers give us a great romance for Hevon.

As for her motivations for turning Devon down, we have no idea. It definitely doesn't come across as her thinking he is too good. It comes across as her being to wrapped up into someone else. Hoping that changed. I loved her telling her Devon that he was a hard man to say no to.

• Members

Neither Miller nor Muhney were good, but Miller was absolutely horrific! Yesterday, I was cringing as I watched Miller. This is the stellar crap peeps were salivating over on Twittere? This is what Daytime greatness has come down to? It sickens me!

Once this is over, I truly hope that the show gets the shot in the arm it desperately needs. I do, however, love the Nikki/Dylan/Ian stuff.

Archived