Soaps you like but were before your time

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Edge of Night would be one for me for sure. I was alive for the last few years of its run, but I was very young and my mom had stopped watching it by then (we watched AW/DAYS/Texas at the time). I've heard nothing but great things about it.

I also wish I was alive for ATWT and AW in the 70s. Both sound like they'd be right up my alley- everything I read about Susan Stewart from back then is fascinating. And I'd love to see the Rachel/Steve/Alice triangle, Rachel & Mac's courtship, and everything with Janice/Mac/Rachel/Mitch, ESPECIALLY St. Croix.

• Members

I just wish i were able to see all those lost 60's/70's episodes of any soap, particularly OLTL since I have become somewhat interested in classic episodes.

Y&R/B&B are obvious ones. I wish i was able to watch the entire run of both shows.

• Members

'70s AW and OLTL. It surprises me that I don't automatically say '70s AMC whenever this question is asked, but for some reason I feel like I have a "handle" on it. Maybe because enough of it has survived and been shown?

I have faith that I'll see the entire runs of SB and CAP someday.

Add me to the list for EON. I always get a kick out of fan memories of watching the show after school.

I think I would have dug watching stunning Marla Adams do her thing as Belle on SS.

• Members

As I always said regarding AMC:

Compare an episode from the 70s to the 80s and you can still see how they are the same show. Compare an episode of AMC from the 80's to one of the 90s and you will get the same experience. But if you get a random episode of AMC from the 70s 80s or 90s and compare it to the 2000's you will be watching a totally different shows.

Basically, AMC held onto its core longer than OLTL did. I do think, if Agnes was motivated, she could help bring the show back to its roots the same way with AMC. But she would need help in learning 35 years of history that she didn't write.

• Members

any pre 2005 ones. as except for 1 year of Days & a few B&B i've not seen them.

A minus of being in the UK lol

I'd especially like to watch AW & Loving, I think youtube has some AW that are in order or it did. I've been meaning to watch them for at least 3years lol

• Members

I get what you mean--I also think OLTL seemed to go through more changes than AMC did over that decade. Still, I'd love to see either from the 70s heavily, if that counts.

Out of the canceled soaps I've never seen even one episode of, Where the Heart Is (which sounds crazy) and Lovers and Friends/For Richer For Poorer top my list.

• Members

I've lost the AW channel lol, it was back before youtube changed you clicked 'tv' then 'soaps' & was about 100 or so eps all in order lol

I see a few eps are up though, i'll just have to try put them in a little playlist. I own the Book and AW sounds really good

Archived