Y&R: Prominent Family Grows

jcren

• Members

Y&R Casting New Role

By SOD • Posted: Sep 10, 2013

Y&R will soon be expanding the Abbott family by introducing a never-before-heard-of cousin named Andrew Abbott. The show is actively searching for "a strong leading man" in his "mid to late 30s" to play the contract role of the "handsome and educated" Andrew. The character is also described as "very driven and ambitious." Yep, sounds like an Abbott to us!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love the Abbotts but is it necessary to 1. Possibly retcon history AND 2. Create another young adult male when you don't use the current ones.

YR needs focus on characters they currently have. If they bring back any more Abbotts, why not Ashley? Dina? Keemo? Or the Brooks/Foster/Prentiss kids? I'm over new regimes creating characters out of the blue when there's a plethora of characters already created, blank canvases, and have ties to characters on the show.

• Members

Exactly. Why not Keemo? He'd be a perfect potential love interest for the likes of Sharon, Snoreboria, Chelsea, Avery, etc. He's Jack's son, friends with Paul and Christine, and fans know of his existence and care for him.

But I've heard through rumor mill PB hated that story and doesn't want the character to return.

Archived