Julie Harris (Lilimae Clements) has passed away

Soapsuds

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Aw sad news :( She was such a great actress on KL. I know a lot of people hated Lilimae and found her annoying but I always loved her spirit. I will never forget after Val got her babies back, there is a scene where the adoptive parents come to say goodbye. And it's such an emotionally charged scene, and there's one part where I lose it every time. A single tear streams down Lilimae's cheek and I just start bawling lol.

• Members

Ever Google someone and they pass away a few days later? How sad, I am so sorry to hear this. I was watching a program where she was mentioned so I looked her up to see how she was doing. I reread a Washington Post article from when she was in D.C. a few years ago. She talked about her struggle with aphasia, how she had trouble finding the words to express herself and what a hit it had been to her acting. And yet she remained so upbeat and positive and undefeated. A great lady. My heart goes out to her family. I bet JVA is just devastated. They have a long history going back to Joan's high school years. With Julie's endorsement, Joan became the second youngest woman accepted into the Yale School of Drama after Julie.

Maybe I'll gas up the VCR and watch our old VHS of Member of the Wedding.

• Members

How amazing this woman was! I DID hate Lilimae, but I alos knew that was because Julie Harris was so damn good at playing her! It was a love/hate thing, cause sometimes she would thrill me to no end, like running Chip down with her gigantic Mercury Grand Marquis! She was truly one of the greats.

• Members

RIP!! Lilimae has always been one of the most fascinating characters in the Knotsverse to me, going way back to when I had never seen a single episode of the show yet was obsessed with it based on the strength of episode summaries, character biographies, and that theme song.

Her first appearance, when she sings "that good country music" for Karen's kids is one of the best scenes of any TV show ever.

• Members

I was probably the #1 Lillimae hater here, but I never doubted Julie Harris' talent or charisma. My favorite episode was Lillimae's debut, where we got the best look at what a vicious tornado this woman was, how she would never grow up, and how she broke her daughter. Julie was superb, and when it was time for Val to have her moments of anger and rage, Julie let Joan Van Ark have the spotlight. They were a wonderful team. Here's another great clip, from Olivia's drug story.

• Members

Lilimae was a brilliant character and Julie Harris played her to perfection. Such sad news! :( Knots Landing is my favorite show so I feel very connected with that cast. I know everybody who worked with Julie had nothing but positive things to say about her. Interesting that the articles about her death quote Francesca James. I didn't realize they were close. I wonder how Joan Van Ark is reacting to this.

Archived