Joan Collins VS. Shirley Jones

alphanguy74

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, stop!!!! LOL Your'e killing me here! But really, When youv'e been married 5 times and appear nude in films (And titled "The bitch" and "The stud" to boot), it's going to be kind of hard to say with a straight face that your reputation has been damaged by Shirley Jones' claims of something that was said by your HUSBAND.

• Members

Oh, and I did a little checking, the Slander of women act of 1891 has been repealed, and replaced by another defamation act... but this act says you have to prove serious financial harm before you can sue for defamation. So Joan is pretty much SOL.

• Members

Ah but you don't understand. The common law has recognized this tort in spite of repeal of the Act. It's still in play, in the common law, but not as a statutory tort. Ultimately, whether people think Joan has a case, were she to sue, is immaterial. The only thing that matters is a judge's view.

• Members

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if these two broads cooked this up between them for a burst of mutual publicity. It's not out of the question, you know. Mainly because This type of outrage is a very prudish... and Joan never struck me a prude. Certainly not in THIS interview:

• Members

Joan has triumphed and received a full retraction from Simon & Schuster, the publisher of Shirley Jones' memoir, after sending a cease and desist letter. The publisher has agreed to immediately remove the passage from the e-book version and all future printings of the book.

Joan said of the incident: "We all make mistakes. I've made a few myself, but not with Mrs. Jones. I'm a serial monogamist"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2383115/Joan-Collins-wins-retraction-Partridge-Family-star-Shirley-Jones-claimed-asked-join-orgy.html

Now, the publisher only did that because either 1) Joan had a case or 2) Shirley had no proof to prove her claim, which would also give Joan a case.

Team Joan.

Archived