GH50: August 2013 Discussion

• Members

Do you mean to tell me that throughout the board's endless gnatfucking over the "Agnes touch" on Loving during those slow months leading up to the return of AMC and OLTL you've been sitting on those this entire time?

What is wrong with you, Eric? Upload them!

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well certainly JER's serial killer story on DAYS wanted to be similar and claimed they could kill off anyone--but we know how that worked. But the reason there hasn't bee obviously is because other shows when doing serial killer stories largely have to kill off characters that are not important to the show--with a few exceptions that fans usually find out about anyway--

WHen The City premiered, they almost immediately launched into the Masquerader (?) serial killer story which was way too similar. It was a huge mistake--especially since no one had any investment in the characters (who, I believe were all new cast members, not Loving members.) You would think the characters would move again if they left Corinth due to the murders... It wasn't until a bit after that story that The City found its groove (especially when Tracy replaced Morgan Fairchild's Sidney).

• Members

LOL well they're only so/so quality--but I'll at least upload some in the next few weeks. Interesting, looking at the episodes, Nixon had an official "Story Consultant" credit for all of B/E's run on Loving. I knew she did for The City, but though she set up a lot of 1995's Loving story during 1994 when she returned as HW but didn't know she retained official consultant credit. (Which in itself is strange since often consultant's aren't listed but Loving/City remained owned by her company, not ABC, so perhaps being the royal bitch that she is she demanded credit.)

BTW in that link Cassadine posted there's a link to the Curtis murder episode. His murder scenes really did have an eerie tone to them, as most of them did (filmed in B&W, etc). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl6sumHmOgc

Adelaide, what years do you have? And get on it!!

• Members

I watched the whole show just to catch a damn picture of Gwyneth and missed it. Had to go back to the beginning.

Christine Tudor was a total bad ass, and I loved it! Elizabeth Savage had that great old fashioned glamor, but she was never Gwyneth. I remember the eppy where Gwyneth lost everything walking down the street completely defeated while "Another Day In Paradise" played. It was wonderful, but that should have been CT in that scene!

So tired of that bitch Felix and his childish names. Drop dead!

Archived