Netflix: Orange Is The New Black: Discussion Thread

ChitHappens

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

The premiere did not disappoint. It was just excellent!

Taylor Schilling was spectacular and gave her best performance. IMO she did not stand out last year at all, she was overshadowed by several others, but she finally shined in this one. The scene on the plane was outstanding and remarkably done in one sweeping take w/no cuts. I was in awe. So well done.

"You have to take that molest me daddy voice and go some place else right now"

"F-ck you, menopause"

"F-CK YOU, GI Jane Doe"

THANK GOD this show's back. I adore it. That is all!

And F-CK YOU, Alex. I just knew she'd turn.

Can't wait to binge watch and see the rest of the Litchfield crew!

• Members

I actually wasn't crazy about the first episode (which is all I've seen so far). As a friend said, now that we know and love the supporting cast, the Piper/Alex story just isn't interesting anymore (though I never really cared anyway). I was really disappointed in the fact that they were the only regular characters in the entire episode, especially after being so excited to see my three fave cast members, Uzo Aduba, Taryn Manning, and Danielle Brooks added to the opening credits.

If this was just a means to tie the story up so that the rest of the season can focus more on the Litchfield gang, then I'm fine with it.

• Members

OMGGGGGGG, it dragged so damn much! All she kept saying was where was she going? Why was she leaving? Is Pennsatucky dead? I get that not knowing was hard on her but god.

Con Air was hilarious. The second half of S2 E1 was better and then its way better period E2 and on.

Alex & Piper are the absolute worst.

• Members

I finished late last night, and the season finale was awesome!

After watching the full season, I can honestly say that the show could survive with Alex and even Piper. The main story arc that starts in the second episode and resolves in the last episode (maybe), hardly involved Piper and it was a great story involving so many of the other characters. If Piper were to finish her sentence and leave, I could see the show surviving without her.

Archived