The Taylor Swift Thread

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrator

Yeah, sometimes it's random because she'll find out during the concert who's there.  It's a great way to network and to surprise your audience.   Like, I said, it doesn't hurt anyone, so why not do it at some of the shows?    I like to stay away from Jezebel and other sites like that. I call them "hate sites."  LOL 

I think she will transition from straight up pop to pop/rock (U2, Coldplay, One Republic) in her 30's.  Then in her 40's, she'll settle in that pop/rock/country sound.  And I think that's when she's going to start writing and producing for other artists and become the next Max Martin - writing and producing #1 songs for younger artists for the next 20 years.   I also see her starting her own record label. 

I went to my first one in July - my second one will be in October.  I had floor seats and was right in of the rail and was about halfway between the catwalk, so I saw her walk pass by me multiple times.  And sometimes she would stop right in from of me.  That's the closest I'll probably ever get to her.  I doubt I'll ever get the chance to meet her.  LOL 

Happy birthday!!!  :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

I can't name you one Ryan Adams song but I really liked his 1989 cover album.  His style isn't really my style but some songs are fantastic!

AYHTWS is favourite.  It has an 80's rock vibe to it.  I can't stop listening to this.  LOL

Then my next two favourites are IWYW (the instrumentals during the chorus make the song) and This Love the original is already slow but Ryan slows it down even more by playing it on piano and by doing that makes the song even more sadder).

• Administrator

I don't think so.  There are rumours that Scott is trying to sell Big Machine but he's not getting any bids because people are waiting to see if Taylor signs a new contract first - she has one album and a greatest hits album left on her contract.  It wouldn't make sense for someone to buy Big Machine if Taylor isn't with it.  She/her parents own a small percentage of Big Machine but I don't think Taylor has enough money to buy Scott's shares. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

I love it when Taylor talks about writing/producing her songs.  She played a couple more of her voice notes and showed snippets of some recording sessions. I really like the instrument that Imogeon Heap uses for the beginning of "Clean" - it makes such cool sounds. 

Part 3: https://www.grammypro.com/professional-development/video/listening-session-taylor-swift-1989-part-3

Part 2: https://www.grammypro.com/professional-development/video/listening-session-taylor-swift-1989-part-2

Part 1: https://www.grammypro.com/professional-development/video/listening-session-taylor-swift-1989-part-1

I wish they would release the entire thing, even if it's hours long.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Taylor Swift's '1989' Only Fifth Album to Spend First Year in Billboard 200's Top 10

Nice! Congrats, Taylor!

Wanted to wait a year before I did my rankings for '1989' because sometimes songs take time to grow on you, or something happens that make you really like a song. I like every song but I separated them into four tiers.

1. Blank Space

1. Style

1. Out Of The Woods

1. I Wish You Would

1. All You Had To Do Was Stay

6. Shake It Off

7. This Love

8. You Are In Love

8. Clean

10. Welcome To New York

11. Wonderland

12. Wildest Dreams

12. I Know Places

14. Bad Blood

14. New Romantics

16. How You Get The Girl

Edited by Toups

• Administrator

Beautiful. :wub:  I hope they release more songs that she performed that night.  I really want her "Greatest Hits" album to be an acoustic album.  Instead of just cutting/pasting songs to create a Best Of, do what Ryan Adams did for 1989 and make an entire new/acoustic sound for each song. 

Edited by Toups

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

SEVEN GRAMMY NOMINATIONS! YES!  Congrats, Taylor! So well deserved. 

Album of the Year: 1989
Song of the Year:  "Blank Space"
Record of the Year: “Blank Space”
Best Pop Vocal Album: 1989
Best Pop Solo Performance: “Blank Space”
Best Pop Duo/Group Performance: “Bad Blood” Featuring Kendrick Lamar
Best Music Video: “Bad Blood”

There's stories like this all the time.  Always taking the time to meet her fans before every concert and almost always after every concert.  She's amazing.