GH: Week of May 27 Discussion

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

True but him being in the opening doesn't necessarily mean anything. All it means is his contract was long enough to warrant his inclusion in the opening. Obviously TSJ's 10 episode contract didn't cut it. We'll see, if he does ever exit, if he's removed from the closing credit list or the opening. AMC's opening is totally different, leaving out Eden (who is on contract, though it's looking like that may have been episode specific too) and including people who are recurring, especially awkward inclusions like Adam, who has rarely been seen and definitely not consistently.

• Members

The soap 'press' playing favorites with our saviors and the soaps that are on the networks. Shocking.

Weird that they are surprised that some fans aren't happy with scenes that say a woman shouldn't be upset about being violated. Then again, why would they understand that reaction - this genre glorifies rape.

• Members

Wait, do we know TSJ had a ten episode contract and that was it--and not that they plan to bring him back when he is free and/or story dictates it? I dont' dispute this--I just have never read anything about a specifically 10 day contract. (Wouldn't they just hire him for ten days on recurring? Does the names in the credit order always mean exactly who is on contract and who isn't or are we just assuming based on the network soaps?)

WHo is Kelly B? An actress? A fan? And if she means that that was essentially rape too, I have never seen ANYONE dispute that (or AMC ever question if it was rape or not, or take it anything but as seriously as possible...)

• Members

We don't know but that's how many episodes he appeared in. I think the contract vs. recurring has to do with how high-profile they are to make sure they don't bolt. Actually, I think I read PP pays them per workday so it probably doesn't have anything to do with how many episodes they end up appearing in but I'm not totally sure. I would assume it's the same as how they had it on ABC since it's set up the same way: alphabetical contract cast, alphabetical recurring/guest cast. GH I know does their contract cast by "rank," not sure about the CBS ones or DAYS. Regardless, Trevor was removed from said contract cast list but I have no idea if they have plans to bring him back. I'm sure they have plans to but I doubt Trevor agreed to anything beyond what we've seen.

• Members

The Cassandra storyline on AMC is a real-life issue that is presented as being ugly and violent and something to despise and want the perpetrators caught.

With the Franco storyline on GH, the only suspense is in how Ron Carlivati will rejigger the preexisting storyline to try and keep Roger Howarth signed for multiple years as a romantic antihero while playing a serial killer who deals in sick mind games and sexual violence. It's all a game and a joke.

Archived