PP: AMC & OLTL to air twice weekly

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks for the kind words.

Words are so powerful. I can't wait for you to see the amazing work that is coming your way. So proud of our cast, our crew, our production people. We worked so hard to give you something beautiful. I hope and pray you will feel our intention!! Sending love always, and gratitude...

• Members

Grrr. I wrote a long post and it got ate up. I'll try and sum it up. -___- Basically, I feel like this was bound to happen. Watching the shows, especially AMC, you can see that they could've used more time. I felt from the beginning that they needed to wait. When they gave the April launch date I complained that it was too soon and it was. These shows needed more time to focus on writing and getting things together behind the scenes. That includes promotion which was decent, but extremely rushed. Everything was done in a very tight window, so they're expecting too much to expect people to know about these shows and reach the goals they have set. This is going to be a word of mouth business. By changing the format so deep into filming and 3 weeks in makes them look like a failure. I don't care about the reason, it just looks bad. The biggest killer with movie and tv projects comes when they end up bungling things in the public eye and then people start to lose interest. Right now they've scared everybody so people think these shows might be canceled. As a result I'm sure some people will tune out, expecting them to probably get canceled. Plus, once they launched these shows they pretty much gave up promoting them. Even in the soap mags they're hardly featured. They should have these actors regularly guesting on talk shows and they need to be doing better to promote via social media. They need proper websites for both shows with detailed recaps, clips and things of that nature. I think they should've stuck with 4 days a week until they came up with a solution that wouldn't cause a negative stir. Perhaps they could've crafted cliffhangers after 3 months and put the show on a short hiatus, THEN bring it back with two episodes, but make it seem more planned. This seems like a move of panic. We'll see how it eventually works out, but I don't think this was the best way to handle things so early on. Fans are panics and I'm sure some of the actors and potential returning cast members are as well.

• Members

I think they've been promoting them a lot. They haven't been using the soap mags so much, which may be a miscalculation, though I liked them going to bigger outlets - but when they have gone to the soap mags I feel like the mags have shortchanged them in favor of the 4 remaining network soaps limping along.

• Members

Exactly lol! Plus the longer they took to get these shows up and running and the more time they'd have to build awareness. We also must consider they're launching when all the network shows are ending so they have a lot to compete with. Even the network soaps are in decline right now. A summer launch would've put all the attention on them.

• Members
+1!

Well said!

And as glad as I was over the premiere date (my birthday), it was way too soon and if they're taping stuff that's airing next week, something has to change BTS. I really find it to be a production problem. But what Chris said, I think, is spot on.

• Members

And now the (PP) soap fan once again has to act like the abused wife. That's what I deserve. Two half episodes per week.

It looks to me as though they have no plans for a new season and they plan to show one or two episodes each week until the last fan checks out out of boredom.

You don't announce something like that two weeks after the premiere. It's like telling the world that you have given up on the project.

• Members

And I guess you will soon get to find a new hobby. Imaginary online PP spokesperson with anger issues is getting old and it propably won't be needed for much longer.

This is a general discussion, I was not offensive in my comments so far, but I have had quite enough of lonely scared guys pretending to be Drucilla Barber online. We are here to discuss the PP situation here, not your desperate need to be noticed and have a fight,

And please stop editing your posts hours after I have answered them. I understand it takes you a while to find a proper answer, but it's kind of pathetic :)

• Members

The word is 'probably,' and I'm simply telling you that your 'look at me!' trolling is incredibly weak. I've had far better from far worse.

I'm afraid I am - well - none of those things, but that said I really do enjoy these blanket cliches you're trading in this morning as you swan about insulting everyone on the board with a variety of colorful adjective-American pop culture designate cocktails you think are very cutting. It's like watching someone wear designer brands from 15 years ago. Unfortunately I'm certain there at least 800 other failed Alexis Carrington impersonators who still think Dynasty is haute couture across old and new Europe alike, and among that teeming mass of humanity you're just not the cream of the crop. So instead of slinging around overwrought insults that you're sure make you sound just like Alexis! when you repeat them back to yourself in your head, why don't you instead just, I don't know - talk to people like they're just as intelligent and just as deserving of civility as you?

I haven't an inkling what you are talking about, but then I'm fairly certain you don't either. It all makes a lot more sense when you are actually Joan Collins.

• Members

It was three weeks ;)

But I agree, this was a blunder. Still, I don't see it remotely as PP throwing in the towel. PP haters and lovers (and those in the middle) nearly all agree that the two men in charge are fairly ruthless about making as much money as they can. There's no way they don't want to make this a financial hit and are ready to just drop it after all that has been invested.

Archived