B&B: Actress Out?

• Members

I knew it was too good to be true sad.png

SID says she's continuing to tape but just taking a break like before sad.png

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Contrary to rumors, Jacqueline Wood remains Steffy, is "continuing to tape, with episodes airing through July and then beyond."</p>&mdash; cbs soapsindepth (@soapsindepthcbs) <a href="
14, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

SID says something else:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>A <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23BoldAndBeautiful">#BoldAndBeautiful</a> source tells us Jacqueline Wood is "taking a short break" from the show "as she has done in the past."</p>&mdash; cbs soapsindepth (@soapsindepthcbs) <a href="
14, 2013</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Contrary to rumors, Jacqueline Wood remains Steffy, is "continuing to tape, with episodes airing through July and then beyond."</p>&mdash; cbs soapsindepth (@soapsindepthcbs) <a href=" 14, 2013</a></blockquote>

• Members
why is this a surprise? Steffy has been his leading young star for the past several years. Its been clear that he values her and Im not shocked he tried his best to hold onto her especially since she's been driving one of his major storylines that he's had the show revolve around

• Members

It seems like her contract is up and she didnt renew it, but they are desperate to keep her and worked out some kind of deal for now where she will take the summer off, in hopes they can get her to ink a new deal. B&B didnt say she was staying, just that she was taping and would air through June. Interesting.

I would love it if she stayed, but she has had a lot of luck outside of B&B while there so I wouldnt blame her for moving on.

• Members

My feelings exactly (though I love Kim Matula, too). I hope it is just a contract 'out' and that she will be back because IMO she is the star of the show and the future of B&B.

Having said that, she is of an age where she wants to look for success in other genres so good on her. I can't blame her for having dreams and goals.

That sounds like the likeliest story right now.

• Members

I wonder if, given the report of them throwing a ton of money at her, they also offered time off for movies. They have worked with her to let her film other things, but she has had to fight them for some of it (Final Destination, for example) - and while I get wanting her as shes a main focal character, it might be benifical for them (and soaps as a whole) to realize that to keep younger talent letting them have a few months to film a movie or a week to film a guest star spot is best, both for the actor (to build their resume, get out there, etc) and the show (perhaps someone like them and looks them up, sees JMW is on B&B and gives it a shot). I saw B&B name quite a bit when FD came out because JMW was on it.

Some actors just want out tho after awhile. Molly Burnett did days for 4 years, from like 20-24. Thats a huge growing point in someones life and she had luck landing other stuff so why not just leave and give it a shot. Same with JMW at B&B, and JMB to a lesser point at GH. I get it. Most actors expect a role to last a little bit, not years and years.

Archived