B&B: Actress Out?

• Members

I think that the original SOD report is correct and she is gone. B&B recast Bridget when she was played by their best younger actress so recasting Steffy is the likely move. I would not surprised if Kim Matula leaves also. Both KM and JMW need to go and find other kinds of acting work while they are still young. I think that Y&R and B&B will likely be the last soaps standing, but who knows how many more years they left.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My viewing will not change. When the wretched trio was back burned not so long ago, BB was really good and watchable. I'm going to look forward to that again (if Brooke is humiliated in the worst way).

There is NOTHING good about that triangle. NOTHING! In regards to acting, I would have to say that KM has the others beat. She is stunning as well and killed the BB opening, but JMW has her beat because of the more exotic features, and she just got a new rack, so that will help her a lot in PT and HW.

Steffy can be recast easily!

I agree. This triangle has stifled 3 young actors and it's time to move forward. I had always hoped it would end with Liam's death, but a gift is a gift.

• Members

Ashley Jones was a bad recast for many reasons. She was completely zapped of energy (probably due to weighing 60 soaking wet) and she looked to old for the part, and that might have to do with lack of weight, which made her look older. Recasting Bridget should not have been a difficult feat.

• Members

Bell is obsessed with Brooke Logan's character and it's clear no one will replace her as lead now that Stephanie is gone. I expect Steffy will be recasted or sent to Paris or something. Hope and Liam will be together at last. The triangle from hell will be finally over.

• Members

Love the way the writers manipulated the audience into believing Hope was the interloper and Steffy was the poor put upon heroine being treated badly by a horrible bitch trying to steal her guy! Steffy was the Terrorcita LoFitz 2.0!

Steffy is no great loss to this show! They've lost so much better and survived (no, I'm not talking about Ridge/Ronn Moss).

As for Dope and Lame, I hope the writers never go there again. No women deserves that piece of garbage!

Don't remember her. Ashley Jones couldn't have been the best choice. While JF was great, she was not irreplaceable. This was not a difficult recast but lazy ass BB!

• Members

The writers didnt manipulate anyone. Steffy got a huge response, bigger than Hope/Liam, and became the central character. She was always the interloper, the troublemaker. Liam may not have always seen it, but it was always clear in the story.

Archived