"The Butler" Trailer

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

Ha you act surprised. Director Lee Daniels is all about the over the top melodrama (and I'm not complaining--I found Precious overated because people did take it so seriously, but last year's The Paperboy was an instant southern gothic melodrama camp classic for me... I wonder if the rumours of him doing a film of Miss Saigon are true because I can just imagine what a glorious mess of emotion that would be.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Saw it last night. Oprah was FANTASTIC!!!! In is own way the guy playing The Butler was just as good but his performance is more understated of course given his role and character.

The movie overall was very very engaging throughout the first 3/4 but I thought the ending segment was a little weak. Him walking into the White House though and telling that young guy whats up was a good note to end it on though.

• Members

I did not care for the movie one damn bit!

The highlights: I was pleasantly surprised with Oprah. She was super impressive, and this is the first time I have been pleased with her as an actress (question, how many billionaires do we see in front of the camera as actors). David Oyelowo was fantastic! Yaya's fro was on point!

Otherwise, I could not wait for that sh!t to end! And this is partly my fault because I have to think of my expectations going into these types of movies, so I will have to stick with the action and hot men stuff and carefully select others!

Archived