GH: Lulu

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

For goodness sake, can't you at least wait to see how it plays out on the screen before making a negative judgment? For years, Julie Berman was a horror as a one dimensional Lulu. Finally, GH has a stronger actress in the role. If nothing else, Emme has energy unlike the dull Berman. Yes, the writing will likely be crap, but give Emme a chance to see if she can rise above it before ripping the memory loss plot device to shreds.

• Members

After years of watching Julie Marie Berman act like a zombie in this role? You bet I'm excited for this.

At least the character might actually appear alive in her scenes for once.

As for Dante I honestly think the only reason those two have lasted so long is because !) He's Sonny's son and 2) Who else were they gonna pair her with? Dante had already been pimped out to Cougarville with Olivia (who I love don't get me wrong) and then later on Carly. All the other viable leading men were attached to other women.

I think at some point the writers were like "This is as good as we're gonna get with this character/actress" and just kept the two together.

So yeah I'm pretty excited to have her on GH. Hopefully she does well. But yeah lets at least give the girl a chance before we destroy her....

• Members

Yeah sorry but Julie is miles better an actress than Emme by a long shot. Emme on YR was a snoozfest and it wasn't just the writing.

JMB isn't the greatest actress in the world(she was AWFUL in that lifetime movie she did), but no way she's better than ER lol

ER plays all her roles the same and all the characters she's played are more Maxie like, she's so wrong for Lulu, but maybe she'll prove me wrong

• Members

For those familiar with Cartini, we've already seen this play out; with Marty Saybrooke and Jessica Buchanan.

Carlivati sucks at amnesia stories, just as he sucks at writing. This story will gloss over all the character driven potential it could have had, and simply focus on the cheap thrills and plot points. "Look! Lulu is acting out, dancing on bars, flirting with strangers, lashing out at her family!"

I shudder at the thought that he will be using this to pair Lulu up with somebody else.

• Members

Rylan is being brought on to pretty much play a new Lulu. This amnesia falls flat bc we will not have seen her play Lulu. What do we have to compare her too?<br /><br />Not to mention this complete ruins the baby plot. Why should lulu care that Maxie is pregnant with Spinelli's child? She doesn't know any of them nor does she want this baby. If they keep this amnesia stuff up, then the surrogacy story is completely irrelevant now as they just cut out the emotional chunk from it.

Archived