How would have save the soaps??

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In order to save a show, you do have to fire the deadweight in order for it to advance.

And at this point, soaps can only be "saved" if they do the format, which PP is about to do, the 4 days a week/30 minutes shows OR they can go about trimming down these shows to 3 days a weeks for 1 hour, air them in the early evening (5 to 7), move from the network TV to cable, and take a hiatus like primetime soaps OR like Aussie soaps, which takes their hiatus at the end of the year and come back at the beginning of the next year.

• Members

Not specific, but soaps have become too corporate. Writers back in the day would write all the scripts themselves. How is a writer's writing ability supposed to come through with a bunch of people writing their dialogue for them? There's no personal touch. The HWs really don't care. They're bootleg TV writers with little personal touch. I bet they haven't written any prose or poetry since they were 12. If I were to change a soap, I would get read of useless employees and if I didn't write it myself I would find someone who is an overall writer, not just someone who has just risen up in the business.

Archived