OLTL: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just tweeted to OLTL associate producer Jared Kaplan on twitter asked him how many episodes JWOWW is going to be taping next week, and he told me that she'll tape three episodes next week and maybe even more episodes after that! UGH!!! The reason why I'm not looking forward to seeing more JWOWW/Nikki on OLTL is because she's going to be the spoiler for Cutter and Natalie since Cutter occasionally has casual sex with Nikki, and Nikki told Cutter last week that she's jealous of all the women he hangs out with right in front of her at the club!

• Members

Thanks for the image from SOD...

Interesting about Terri. I wonder what she was doing that she didn't get back to them...

I'm guessing you never watched Guiding Light, greens_dupres as for many years Jerry sort of filled the spokesperson role even if he wasn't the most well known (for example at 9/11 he's the one that spoke for the cast/crew.) I think he has more experience than most dealing with the balancing act with fans and knowing what you should and shouldn't say due to his relationship with fans as he doesn't seem to expect everyone to always be happy about everything. He is one of the more accessible actors as he actually goes to fan events, does press, has a fan email newsletter, and reads/responds to fan mail even if he doesn't tweet. That said when things went bad with GL he made some comments that offended some people, and also said other things that he had been keeping quiet. With OLTL, he somewhat defers to others, which is to be expected, but with the news about Prospect Park cutting the episodes he must have realized that some would be upset and had to say something.

• Members

I think Terri & Austin Peck had a baby around the holidays last year so maybe that was why she didn't immediately know what she wanted to do with Prospect Park. I could see them contacting her if they had decided to get Josh Kelly but I'm not sure she's needed.

I was raised an ABC soap child but had a brief love affair with GL as a tween during the late 90s during the Manny, San Cristobel, Hayden Panettierre as Lizzie era that I now know most longtime fans hated. I never followed any backstage stuff with them though so I was unaware that JvD took on the public ambassador role. I'm glad he's reaching out to OLTL fans in a rational and realistic way now. I was at The View OLTL send-off and he could not have been nicer. He & Erika seem to get along wonderfully.

• Members

He kind of had to, as he became the show's longest-running cast members thanks to others either dying or leaving the show. But no one fit that role better, IMO. As I've said on several occasions, if you look at GUIDING LIGHT's Springfield as Grover's Corners, the town in Thornton Wilder's play "Our Town," then you could see JvD's Ross Marler being like the character of the "Stage Manager."

Archived