Y&R Promo-Week of Feb 11

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think that storms, blackouts, etc. ever get old as a soap plot device that can be used once in a while to propel stories and couples in new directions. All the networks have used them for years, not just ABC. The problem is that they only work if the couples are interesting and have potential.

• Members

Well, they picked the right week for a blizzard SL (shout-out to friends and family in the North East!).

This is the first Y&R promo in a long while which actually showcases stories. I like the variety on show, indicating to me that there will be a number of different characters and SLs involved in this blizzard. That's cool with me.

No, it won't be like Sunset Beach's Shockwave (which set the standard for natural disasters in Daytime soaps, IMO). We will probably never see the likes of that again as Sunset Beach benefited from Aaron Spelling's deep pockets to really showcase a two-week long mega disaster. Y&R isn't like SuBe or days anyway; I'm cool with revelations, a car crash and possible romance.

• Members

Honestly, I can't remember... oh wait, maybe I do. This was LML's story, right? It didn't have a lot of lasting impact, did it? :lol: I doubt this one will, either, but hey, snow blizzards in Wisconsin? Can be a fact of life. :)

• Members

Arrgggh, I remember that ice storm, it did have a HORRIBLE lasting impact. Colleen slept with her professor while trapped at the college. I didn't mind her sleeping with him since she and JT needed shaking up, but they never got back together which pisses me royally off to this day.

Adam and Sharon getting trapped together is ridiculous. They (and the audience) need a break from each other. I would like to see the following potential couples get trapped together; Alex/Chloe, Lauren/Carmine, and Chelsea/Billy or Cane. Everyone else needs to go sit in the corner and that includes Avery and her side piece.

Archived