GH, GL, ATWT, SB- Brand NEW INTERVIEW with BRIDGET DOBSON!!!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love that scene, too. It's wonderful writing -- I have to admit though, that I've seen posted scenes from other shows that I have appreciated as good writing, but I don't get the same emotional jolt from them as the posters obviously did. I think it's because I don't have the connection with those characters as I do with characters from "my" shows. I love Cruz and Julia. I know their backstories, their struggles, their hopes and their dreams. All of that subtext informs and deepens my enjoyment of this scene in a way that no scene from All My Children or Young and the Restless would do.

As for the show itself: it was never my favorite, but I think there were moments of astonishing brilliance, and the core group of character/actor combinations were as good as any soap, ever: Cruz, Eden, CC, Julia, Augusta, Lionel, Keith, Gina, Lane Davies Mason. I think Cruz is the best pure hero in soap history, Lane Davies Mason the best antihero (his successors didn't do much for me). But I was pretty much bored with everything beyond that core. I have a suspicion the Dobsons were, too.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I never responded but it was meant with all kinds of love. We both went pretty NUTS on AltSON and I, for one, have LOVED every minute of posting with you for the past 9 years. And good for you for responding to the name "Jase." If memory serves, you didn't use that name for a reason when this free-to-post nuSON was resurrected, no? ;)

• Members

A longtime poster, now banned, once accused me out of nowhere of having AIDS. I have absolutely no idea what prompted it, as I am not HIV-positive and have never even hinted at such a thing in my life. They were immediately banned for their behavior, but I found the entire outburst so random, bizarre and oddly amusing that I made it my header as a tribute to that madness. Someday I'll get rid of it.

• Members

You most certainly will not. Now that I know the story behind it, I think it's a gas.

I've accused a great many people of being (and doing, and saying) a great many things. But I've never accused anyone of having an incurable and fatal disease. Okay, there was that one time. And that other time. Oh, [!@#$%^&*], and my cousin makes three. On second thought, forget I brought this up.

• Members

This SO isn't true. Gina and the Tape/Kelly on the Run, Kirk/Eden/Cruz/Santana, Victoria Lane- Her Backstory and Relationships with Keith & Cruz, The Entire Elena Capwell Storyline (about a year long), Mary's Death, The Baby Contract and the Ensuing Victoria/Mason/Julia triangle- ALL of those were long-time stories that helped SB achieve their highest ratings. They may never have climbed out of the bottom 3, but they were getting ratings in the high 4s and 5s from 87-88 especially, not to mention the fact that the Nielsen Ratings were most certainly not accurate in those days. By terms of fan mail, SOD Awards, Readers Polls, etc...., SB was in the top 3 shows for most of the beginning part of its run (85-91).

Archived