Y&R Promo-Week of Jan 7

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree it's atleast a serious show now and not cheesy like it was during MAB. I remember there were times when MAB was writing the show that I would watch and think "People watch this cheesy mess?". But I can say now it is serious and I no longer think it's cheesy.

• Members

As frustrating as it seems with all these random promos, during a transition period with no big umbrella S/L, the promos need to show a little of everything until a big story emerges or catches fire. I'm assuming things will heat up for Nick/Avery next month with the new character from her past. Right now, kind of need to establish foundation for couple that they are "solid." Jack/Adam are heading down the path to finally consummating their sick relationship!

• Members

I understand why they wanted to do it that way, and I think it's for the reason you mentioned--they don't have any big umbrella storylines--they want to show a smorgasboard of all the show has to offer. For this same reason, the promo doesn't work.

This promo does next to nothing in achieving the goal of any promo--inducing someone to watch. I know this does the exact opposite for me, I don't want to watch because I'm just seeing a series of mundane clips with nothing going on.

In their defense, though, for Y&R in recent years, though, this hasn't been the worst promo they've done, I'll give it that.

Archived