GH: Discussion for the Month of January

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I still fast forward Sonny when I can - especially if he is with Connie/Kate. Add Kristina to the mix - and it's definitely FF material. But I don't hate Sonny as much as I used to. It's nice he is no longer the sole focus of this show. I'm okay with him still being on the show. That is progress.

• Members

Sonny is easier to swallow for many because he's not dominating the show, and that is all! He is not being written better at all. He looks like a punk constantly and he's tied to Connie as opposed to Connie being tied to him.

There are other ways to write a character better, and this is not it! I'm embarrassed for Mo!

• Members

The writing for Connie is VERY inconsistent. There are times when I like her and get her madness and others like yesterday where I simply can't stand the bitch. RC should have just created another personality of he was gonna have her constantly switch it up. The writing for her is too all over the place. It's hard to get who she is and that's a problem especially since they've had her essentially replace Kate as the primary character

• Members

I guess this isn't the time to mentioned that I didn't mind Chloe Morgan because I can't find it in my heart to hate an actress who is named 'Tava Smiley', huh?

As for Sonny, we can argue about the reasons why he's tolerable these days all day long, but the fact is that I'm not seeing nearly as much hate for the character as I used to and that's a plus in my book. Sometimes, all it takes is reduced airtime and (slightly) more sympathetic writing to make a once-loathsome character tolerable.

Considering that KS is a lot better at playing the Bensonhurst broad than she is at playing PC's Anna Wintour, it's just as well that Konnie remains a primary character. IMO, she's too far gone to ever bring her back to the piss-poor rendition of Kate Howard and it'd be a mistake to revert her back to a character that KS had no business playing in the first place.

• Members

I LOVED Lulu's dress yesterday. It looked so pretty on her. wub.png

Actually, I've liked a LOT of the womens' clothing choices lately, from Maxie's world-peace bringing pink sweater to Kristina's pink shirt to Starr's blue off the shoulder top to Carly's dress the other day. Some great clothing choices. smile.png

• Members

My problem with Sonny/SKate/Connie is that Sonny is made now to be a dumbed down idiot who has nothing better to do than babysit Kate/Connie. I have no problem with his diminished airtime or the fact that he is not treated like the moral messiah of the show or that he actually is being a supportive man to a mentally ill woman he apparently loves. My problem is I have no investment in Kate/Connie or the Skate 2.0 romance. Is it a romance? Are we supposed to be rooting for Skate? Are we hoping Kate re-emerges or are we supposed to want Connie to fall in love with Sonny? I am not even sure who the host personality is let alone how I should feel about Connie vs. Kate. It's boring, it has gone on way too long, and this story has been changed up so many times that it couldn't be any more clear that RC treats it as a showcase for KSu's 'talent'. I would prefer Sonny with Olivia, Alexis or, yeah I am going to say it, Carly. At least I get the sense that he knows and likes these woman. I will never buy that Sonny would go through all this trouble to get laid when the actual love of his life is walking around in Rome and the only offense she committed against Sonny was hanging out with Jax and questioning the safety of his lifestyle. How the mighty have fallen. Sonny used to be able to breathe near a woman and she would get pregnant and go to desperate lengths to stay in his life forever. Now he is relegated to taking scraps of affection from an unstable woman with at least two personalities who basically has told Sonny she would rather die than be near him. I don't understand why the writers can't find a happy medium between Sonny the 'Rico Suave' ladykiller and Sonny the pathetic sap. Neither are appealing and I know many are happy about this change in tone for Sonny. IMO, just because his airtime was rightfully diminished doesn't mean the story is good or it's okay because Sonny is getting knocked down a peg. I frankly have no idea why MB resigned.

Anyhow, late to the party but I just want to express my love for Ned Ashton as well. Loved Lois and Ned back in the day!

Archived