GH: Discussion for the Month of January

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

+1 on the Nedley & Lois love train. I haven't been interested in a pairing of his since she left.

As for why MB resigned - it's not as if like he's got scores of acting gigs being offered to him these days (or ever, which is why he came right on back 15 years ago). He sees the writing on the wall and decided that it was wiser to stay put on a show that is offering him a steady paycheck.

As for Sonny getting knocked down a peg, I can't say that there'd be anything wrong if he were (not that I truly believe that he is since I don't count Michael Quartermaine getting to know his actual father as Sonny being knocked down) because it'd surely be long overdue. I don't know if I'd accept his current storyline as a way to humble him enough to be deserving of Brenda again (if that's what Ron is trying to do, well, he'll have to do better than this), but I see no problem with him groveling for a woman in the manner that too many have groveled for him throughout his 20 years on this show.

• Members

Love WK's Ned. Loved Ned/Lois, Alexis/Ned, and even Julia/Ned. The Skye nonsense they saddled him with was stupid and I do agree they had no idea what to do with him for the last 3 or so years he was on the show, but I like him and all the Q's honestly.

Anyhoo, Sonny groveling for a woman doesn't bother me. Sonny groveling for this paticular woman does. I mean after watching him treat the women in his life like crap for years it hurts my heart that this girl is different. I would be accepting of him groveling for a few women (MW's Kate is one of them), but this all just feels like too little too late. There is nothing romantic about a mentally unstable woman telling you she wants nothing to do with you and it being treated as some sort of foreplay for a couple NO ONE has a vested interest in. I mean Johnny is the bad guy for taking advantage of a mentally ill woman, but Sonny is some sort of bleeding heart, true love believing romantic for trying to seduce the same (still) mentally ill woman? Not to mention the story is just BAD and a acting showcase for a newbie that has no real discernible fanbase. What should be Jason and Sonny's downfalls are suprisingly unsatisfying and for RC/FV to lay their lot with Kelly Sullivan as their new lead is just blah. I guess my point is Sonny being an airhog was one of his problems, but just airing a bad story once or twice a week doesn't make Sonny a better character. It just makes him on less. I wish RC spent more time refining already established characters instead of pushing his own creations, his favorite OLTLers, and having characters return only to appear once a month (Felicia) or be off air for weeks (Robert, Duke, Anna).

• Members

This is far from Sonny getting knocked down a peg. Being knocked down would mean a rival mobster would come in and...wait for it...WIN! Not this crap. Mo's reduced airtime was enough. In fact, it might be time to write Sonny out. This crap is for the damn dogs, and I don't buy any of it. A new team comes in and the GH characters are all but unrecognizable? That's bullsh!t!

• Members

You just said what I wanted to exactly. +10

Sonny going to jail, losing his territory, re-evaluating his life are all things I could be on board with. This simpering, ball-less Sonny running around after some haggard trick is just offensive. Is these mess even appeasing Sonny haters? I know it's not pleasing his fans. And to be a former fan that remembers his glory years and to be upset about it means it's really bad. There has been alot wrong with the Sonny character in the last 10-15 years but this is not a step in the right direction at all. And I should probably try to get my Sonny fancard back, but I would rather watch Sonny the lady killing mobster over Ellie, Sabrina, Todd, McBain, Starr and the list goes on and on. Nothing about this story is in Sonny's character. I can't see him going after Brenda this hardcore (and they are literally my fave soap pairing off all time-return in 2010 included) so I just can't express my hatred for a story about some 30 year retconned recast that has no redeeming qualities outside of chewing scenery like this is the first time she has ate in 10 years.

• Members

Ugh! Today is exactly what I meant about the writing for Connie being inconsistent. She was an unbearable cow of a bitch yesterday but she was soft, sympathetic and very easy to take today. I swear she changes from episode to episode. With that said, I enjoyed her scenes with Tracy. "Why would your personal life, pathetic as it may be...." laugh.png

258ym13.gif

Her dress was ugly as hell btw

Archived