GH: Discussion for the Month of January

• Members

Okay, can someone PLEASE tell me why in hottest of hell are there such adamant positions in here about Sabrina, Britt and Ellie when these three cardboard cutout characters all dropped out of the sky at the same time having IMMEDIATE RABID OBSESSIONS over men they barely know?! They have no connections to anyone on the canvas. They have no history with the show. They have no backstory. Their collective motivation is chasing after a man that gets them moist.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well in Ellie's defense, Spin was actually interested in her and seeing her until fairly recently. I don't think she has acted obsessed over him at all, if anything Maxie has acted like this over him.

I know the show is called General Hospital and I appreciate the effort over introducing new characters connected to it/more scenes taking place there, but they each (especially Britt) could have their characterization strengthened.

And in Sabrina's defense, she IS Juan's cousin (Miguel & Lily's son, and Sonny's stepson). Not that that means much, of course wink.png .

• Members

Diane is a breath of fresh air in any scene she walks through. There. I said it. I know CH is hated here but her acting game, her line delivery, is flawless.

Damn, now they shoehorn Luke back into the Anna/Robert-Duke SL?

• Members

quote:And in Sabrina's defense, she IS Juan's cousin (Miguel & Lily's son, and Sonny's stepson). Not that that means much, of course wink.png ./unquote

I have no idea who Juan is, but I did hear the one line reference. Which so far seems like what RC loved to do at OLTL when he tied people to characters from the past (or hinted they were). A throwaway line means nothing.

• Members

It actually makes me think of, for some reason, that dumb Passanante AMC story where Leo was guilted to stay with Laura because she was ill, and then pretended to remain ill or whatever. At any rate Spin is no Leo, and this is one of the oldest of soap cliches if it does go the way I'm certain it will.

Archived