Favorite Christmas albums and Christmas songs

alphanguy74

• Members

Good time of year for this thread, I have a few Christmas albums, and we have a station that plays 24/7 Christmas music until New Years eve. What are your favorites? One album that I just got this year that I highly recommend is 1968's "Christmas With Mahalia" orchestra conducted by Marty Paich, it's just a feast for the ears:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

First and foremost is my favourite original Christmas song by Mariah Carey that I need to listen to every year around this time:

Next, is Conor Oberst's Christmas Album with his wonderful take on classic Christmas jingles. An example ...

And the best version of Christmas (Baby, Please Come Home) by Death Cab For Cutie ...

• Members

I'm not a Christmas person so I have a very narrow list of songs/albums that work for me. One of those is B.B. King's A Christmas Celebration of Hope. His version of Back Door Santa just makes me want to hootchie dane with someone special under the mistletoe.

Then there's the soundtrack to The Preacher's Wife. But I have to admit that it's a little tough to listen to and watch this year.

There's also this hysterical, completely fucked up version of The 12 Days of Christmas. What kind of mind thought up a mash-up of 12 Days and Toto's Africa.

Archived