Gangster Squad

ChitHappens

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think some of the money used to make this movie should have been spent on SUBSTANCE! Great idea but novice follow thru. At least Josh Brolin is still hot as hell!

Emma Stone didn't belong anywhere near this movie unless she was an extra! Another actress who's agent should be paid more than the client! I'm tired of her, Anne Hathaway and Jessica Chastain popping up in every [!@#$%^&*] movie!

• Members

I saw The Help and Easy A. Loved Help really liked Easy A, but I hardly think there is anything amazing about ES.

Gangster Squad is a good shoot em up movie, but they wasted what Sean Penn did in the movie. The whole thing is so forgettable. Anthony Mackie was good, but the only thing I really loved about the character was how quick he was with a knife.

• Members

I'm interested in this movie because they edited it after it was completed to delete scenes of a shoot out in a theater to be sensitive to the massacre victims and because Ryan is such a hottie. However I'm wondering what type of relationship he and Emma has on the side since they always end up in the same movies together.

• Members

Seriously, Sean as Mickey Cohen was great, but they never took time to develop the plot. Mickey was bad or so we were told, but they didn't give us a reason to hate him or even justify why The Squad would go after him. It was told to the audience, which was hardly good enough. The worse he did was kill another gangster at the beginning of the movie. So you have to think to yourself, does anyone care if a Blood or Crip kill one another? Nope!

Seriously lacking. Thank god I caught the matinee!

Archived