Josh Griffith's Sneek Peak interview in SOD (Spoilers)

• Members

Summarized responses to questions asked....

Any plans to recast Abby? Not at the moment.

What about Carmine? There's a very interesting story coming for him.

Why did he wrap up Phyllis' trial? He didn't want to send her to jail and felt it was more fitting to have her pay for her crimes emotionally. He then mentions Phyllis losing her husband and daughter.

Why is he re-igniting Nick & Avery? There's great chemistry between JM & JC and he likes the story possibilities a romance between them gives Phyllis and Summer.

What's in store for Avery? As Nick and Avery grow closer, her past comes back to haunt her.

What's next for Phyllis and Ronan? These two need to take a long, serious look at their relationship.

Any plans for Ronan & Nina? Not at the moment but its always a future possibility.

What's in store for Jack & Phyllis? He loves them together and thinks they're both in an emotional place where they can help each other heal. Jack is headed for a pretty dark night.

Why did he burn down the ranch and Gloworm? He says what better way for Sharon to lash out and fall apart than burning down the house? Gloworm was collateral damage. He wanted Gloria and Jeff in better financial circumstances thanks to the insurance.

Sharon's rehabilitation, will fans like it? Sharon hits rock bottom and slowly rebuilds herself. Hopefully she'll come out on the other side stronger, more centered, and ready to take on the world.

What's in store for Noah and Summer? Both will be involved in strong story that will have major impact on their parents.

What's planned for Alex the cop? Alex comes to town looking to question someone about a past relationship. He is also on the trail of some stolen money.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Griffith was quite underwhelming the last time he wrote too. Sure, the show was alive again after LML was ousted, but there was nothing really that good about his tenure... so maybe we shouldn't expect much there.

• Members

I never expected much from Griffith so I am ok with whats happening now. In some ways I feel hes settling the canvas in before anything big happens but I'm not sure what that big would be. I know I have zero interest in Victoria and Billy, Sharon, Adam, Chelsea, Im mildly interested in Avery and Nick, and I am happy with where they seem to be taking Phyllis and putting her back in Jack's orbit works for him and her. While I still think Noah is too old, I think the recasts of Summer and Noah seem better. It seems they are taking Kevin to the crazy train again which is better than what he's had, but Im just not interested in his character anymore to care much. The verdict is out on this story with Jill and Katherine. To me the show just feels very very predictable. Same as Days in a way, but the advantage this show has is far better production and talent.

• Members

It's a shame they mismanaged LML because she truly could have saved Y&R like she did Knots Landing. She brought ratings, valued a diverse canvas and tried to modernize the show. She was given too much power which sunk her. As a Co-HW under Alden or Smith with a separate EP would've worked.

Griffin has never WOWed me as HW of any show. He doesnt carry a strong enough vision. He's boring. Give it 3-4 months and people will be screaming.

• Members

They're mother and son. They can't even write any relationship between them at all?

This is basically just a variation of MAB's writing. All Phyllis, in some relationships that no one cares about (like Phylils/Mr. Pilot Season), same old rehash pairings, same old stories for Nick, Jack and Sharon. Sharon falls apart, again. Jack loses, again. Nick is a meatstick whose woman loses control, again.

It sounds like the only real change will be in how these stories are produced. I take that to mean Sony was responsible for most of the stories in the last few years and will keep doing those same stories over and over.

Archived