Gary Collins has passed away

dragonflies

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Aww, how sad. I remember watching his show in the afternoon before Oprah took his timeslot. I had no idea that he and Mary Ann had been married for so long. For some reason I thought they'd married later in life like Maggie and Mr. Drummond.

Sophia on The Golden Girls had a crush on him. happy.png She said Mary Ann was the luckiest woman in the world to get to go to bed with him every night.

• Members

I remember back in the early 90's, when on the HOME show, there was a huge deal that occured when a guest doctor accidentally injected Sarah Purcell with a syringe that he used on Collins just moments before. Collins did have an HIV and Hepatitis test, although they both knew the risk was pretty nil in their situation. The doctor simply got nervous on live TV and screwed up, he was EXTREMELY upset and left the studio in tears at the commercial break. Dr, Art Ulene who was in the studio that day took over the next segement, explained what happened and what the risks were.

• Members

Thanks, that's the article I read right after I Google'd! :lol: That Dr. was mortified, poor guy. I'm always nervous when I see people getting facial injections on TV shows, like, I would want a doctor injecting my FACE not talking to a host and breezing through the procedure like he was haphazardly rinsing a dish before sticking it in the dishwasher. I want your 100% focus!

Archived