SON Top 10

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh I remember the top ten. We had to vote who our favorite actor, actress, and soap and someone tallied up all the votes and posted the ranking each week. Didn't we end it because we had a bunch of people who just had multiple accounts so they could rig the votes. I might be confusing it but for some reason I remember it being an issue. It hasn't been done in a long time- I think GL and Passions were still on when we were doing it.

• Members

Matt did the SON Top 10 up through some time in 2004 or 2005. Originally, it was a list each for actors, actresses, couples, and the shows themselves, but, to quote Matt, the couples list became a "clusterf!ck mess" and he did away with it. I believe he stopped the whole thing because he just wasn't feeling soaps anymore enough to devote the necessary time and energy to the Top 10.

We also had end-of-the-year Top 100 lists.

• Members

It was like the old Daytime TV top 10 lists and it was fun when all the soaps were on. I remember we had a For Your Consideration thread and the ATWT fans would bloc-vote, JFP style, and discuss in the daily/weekly threads who we were voting for. You didn't have to be a member to vote and I guess certain GH fanbases (and eventually Christel Khalil's fanbase) figured out how to spam vote.

So Matt started making two lists- one that showed how the members of the board voted and the other included everyone's votes. It was fun and if I knew how he worked the program, I'd start it up myself. But I'm pretty much computer illiterate.

Archived