Best in TV - ABC News and People Magazine Special

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Gah, I forgot about it! It'd be nice if they released a DVD of it.

I'm not surprised by the top four in the least but I guess I didn't realize "Dark Shadows" was as big of a deal as it was. Perhaps because of the film this year they included it? That or I'm completely behind on my soap 101.

Anyone doubting that the Luke & Laura and Erica Kane shows wouldn't be #1 and 2 is cray cray. They have the most pop culture gravitas and always will. That damn hourglass comes in a distant third, I suppose.

• Members

Who was polled? I'm not so surprised by Dark Shadows, as mentioned it has a pretty large cult fanbase, and I wouldn't be surprised to have them come out and vote. As mentioned, the others still have probably the largest pop culture recognition--Luke and Laura, Erica Kane, Days in the 90s, and Y&R is a pretty recognized soapy name.

• Members

Oh, I guess they apparently asked tv writers, producers and actors to make top ten lists, and then people voted online--I wonder what the other five soap options were (I would guess GL, ATWT, B&B, OLTL and maybe some dumb choice like Passions). So I'm, not surprised at all about Dark Shadows making the top five--the fan club alone prob all voted. (not that I don't think it's deserving). At least I guess they didn't do what many other polls would do and add shows like Melrose and Dallas to the options.

• Members

You're mileage could vary, but I really don't think anyone would wanna rewatchit over and overon DVD. I mean ALF came in ahead of Miss Piggy as fave non human character? WTF? (and the fact they aired categories like that, but couldn't squeeze in the one minute soap option says a lot). Kermit did come in first though so maybe he split the Muppet vote.

Archived