• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Most TV seems to be down, but I think she has also steadily alienated viewers. Not to be ageist, but I think that (although I don't know Drew's ratings), younger, more likeable women like Drew Barrymore or Kelly Clarkson can't be helping.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I can only speak for myself: I'm sure the scandal hurt her a little but I've been growing dissatisfied with the show the last 2-3 seasons.

It's hard to put my finger on it, but it went from a fun, hugely entertaining show to feeling a little routine. I honestly think she's tired of doing the show to an extent and the fact she keeps bringing in Guest Hosts (to the point where it's now occurring every 5 episodes or so) is annoying me. I'm watching the ELLEN show. If you don't want to do that many episodes, maybe just end it.  She also feels less genuine and real. Cracks are showing.

Never liked her. I used to watch her awful show. These Friends of Mine which would later be retitled Ellen. She's a terrible actress. Who was awkward playing straight and gay. The sitcom was bland and boring. Even after she and her character came out.  Didn't get a good vibe from  her even back then. Never watched her talk show. Not really into seeing rich people kissing each other's asses. Totally believe the allegations. She always came across as fake. I hope she fades into obscurity

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

The funny thing is that she did fall into obscurity when her first sitcom ended. If not for Disney having her lend her voice to Finding Nemo, she would have never had any type of career resurgence (beyond standup obviously).

There were some really rough years there for her after the first sitcom ended and before Nemo and the talk show.

• Members

I still watch but it's not been the same for about 3 years.  I'm still a fan and like her, but the constant guest hosting has been a lot.  You can tell she doesn't enjoy it anymore, and I think the rumors about her brother and Portia were true.  Portia asked her not to renew apparently and her brother told her she should keep going.  I don't think her heart is in it.  

That said, her show is different than other talk shows.  I think she relies on audience excitement more than other shows.  Kelly can sing, Tamron's show is more informative.  Ellen's is more human interest types of things and celebrities, and if the audience can't be there with the cheering and dancing, it takes the wind out of it.  I can't imagine 12 days of giveaways with no one there.  Or the mother's day episode where she has all of the expecting women in the audience.  

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...