ATWT during the mid 1990's

• Members

I have had a few questions about ATWT during the mid 1990's after Richard Culliton was fired and Lorriane Broderick took over a headwriter. I know some people were not happy with Felicia Behr as EP but was she as bad as people have stated. I have read that is seems John Valente was the worst EP the show had in years or ever. Was the show as bad as people have said or was it just your typical soap for the time period. I have not seem much from the period of 1994-1998 of the show and would just like hear peoples opinions who may have watched it during the time.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Are you sure you are not thinking of the dreadful Stern/Black era of the late Nineties? Absolutely wretched, with horrible characters like Mark Kasnoff, his idiot sister Sarah, her vapid friend Zoe, T. Jones, Martin Chedwyn, etc. The worst of all was the model they hired to play core character Paul Ryan (John Howard?) who had never taken an acting class in his life. As bad as the last year of ATWT was, this Nineties period was worse.

• Members

You can find some of that era on Youtube.

I think it was a big mistake to fire Laurie Caso and Richard Culliton. ATWT was in a good place for most of 1995. The ratings weren't good but the quality was on a big upswing after a sluggish 1994.

Some think Valente deliberately destroyed ATWT out of spite from being moved from AW.

I never felt the same way about ATWT after they went on the firing spree that took out my favorite male character (Andy), my favorite female character (Julie), and a bunch of people I was fond of at the time, even if I wasn't watching for them (Larry, Duncan, Jef, Ellen, Emma).

Archived