Y&R: Major character return in the works? SPECULATION

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I cannot grasp the logic behind CK's aversion to being paired romantically with an African-American male. Is she afraid of being "blackburnered," or does she just think that being in love onscreen with a Black man is "gross" (never mind the fact that she, herself, happens to be half-Black)?

• Members

She hasn't exactly gotten major material with her current white love interest. Her and Cane are disgusting. Isn't Cane the same age as Philip? Which is like over 40? Her character is like mid 20's. And don't get me started on CK's performance during the cancer story. This bitch needs to go.

• Members

I think she wants to be near power players and not be regulated to just the "black side" of Y&R, say what you like but it's obvious that her pairings with Daniel and Cane have given her more room to spread out on the canvas and interact with different players even sporadically. If she only had love interest with black men she probably wouldn't get any of those opportunities, with Daniel she interacted with a lot of different characters, as she did with Cane. Not only that but also Lily once had friends there too and she even had rivalries. She would likely end up limited by losing access to those white characters sadly enough. Neil over the years barely has stories outside of his black love interests himself, and he still works at Newman. I don't even like Kahlil but I can recognize that this pairing on Y&R is a virtual death sentence that would (greatly) constrict her role on the canvas.

• Members

This isn't true, Cane gave Lily lots of story and lots of interactions with the Chancellors in general. Lily had her modeling storyline, she had her rivalry with Chole, she had a brief flirtation with Billy, she had the cancer story, she had Cane's death. She had story for years with Cane. Lily with her Daniel and Cane storylines over the past few years has gotten the most storyline out of all the black characters on Y&R, way more then Bryton and Kristoff by comparison.

• Members

Lane fans keep telling me that Cane is supposedly only 10 years older than lily or some crap like that. I thought he was a 40 something year old con man as well. Cane really is just here to fill the Aussie con man quota since damn near ever soap gets one at some point. He can go with his four backstories as well!

• Members

What has she really done the past 2 years except be lied to and manipulated by Cane? She is far from a main priority on the show and like has been said she is just here for a false sense of diversity. Whoever said Lily was just a beige white girl was right on point.

• Members

That still doesn't change the fact that she has more story as a beige white girl with a white love interest then she would have as a black girl with a black love interest. I'm not saying it's right, but I am saying I understand why Khalil would rather be paired with white love interest.

• Members

Or like I was saying the other day, maybe they were happy to comply because that freed them of bringing another black character on the canvas. Meanwhile, I cannot imagine someone having the balls to say that they don't want to work with someone of a particular race. Can you imagine telling your agent that and having them bring that up in negotiations? Or comig out of your own face in a meeting with the EP and saying that? I just can't...

Archived