Y&R: Major character return in the works? SPECULATION

• Members

You're right of course. But at the same time it's still unfathomable to me.

The whole situation is so ugly and such a mess. When I read this thread all I can think about is how much I once loved these shows and now I'm just disgusted by what's left of this genre and not just because of the diversity stuff.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Preach.

It was a scene where Phyllis had just found out that Drucilla was now her boss. The choice was distasteful in the first place and shouldn't have gotten past production. I wouldn't have allowed it but that's just me. I too would question why an actor's mind would go there in that scene. It's either lazy or calculated and having seen how MS has worked this time around, my money is on calculated. Why didn't she let Vicki in on it? Duh, because VR would have seen through it and put a stop to it. Period.

As for calling VR crazy, the word crazy is used so lightly in our society now and it's not to be taken as such. To publically call a fellow actor that, when it's commonplace for any actor to have their own eccentricities, is also a calculated move to dismiss what they are saying. People forget (or don't realize) that PB called VR crazy before twitter, before "Spit Take-gate," before she'd done much of anything except for allude to the responsibility she felt as an actress to her race and taking it seriously. She made some harsh criticisms about the show's lack of diversity behind the scenes and none of it was false. It was her perogative and to be called crazy for your own perspective on things is hurtful and demeaning. It's an ugly word and it's usage here is and was despicable IMO.

I hope she does return sooner than later because she and Drucilla are invaluable to the show and have left a huge hole in the canvas that has gone unfilled.

• Members

Will you marry mewub.pngwub.pngwub.png

Many want to dismiss this as a creative decision that would enhance the scene because one of their favs did it, but just think about it. MS, in her passive/agressive way, pulled a practical joke here. She ok'd it with everyone but, of course, the recipient of such a distasteful joke. She went to others to get their "approval" so that when the manure hits the fan, her other co-workers would have her back, thus "freeing" her of any malice.

I'm not fooled so easily. What MS did was calculated and vile and she's lucky VR didn't kick her ass!

• Members

I was raised in a predominantly white suburb, instituted at the height of "White Flight," and went to predominantly white public schools, associating with hardly anyone from any other ethnicity. I'm still blacker than she is.

• Members

Don't even joke about that, Y&RWorldTurner. I mean it. QL is so wooden as an actress. Yet, for whatever reason, they just keep giving her parts. It's disgusting.

On the other hand, I'd go along with a QL cameo on Y&R, provided it ends with her (as Sofia's sister, Serena) dragging Sofia's ass out of Genoa City.

Archived