July 9-13, 2012: New Low For DAYS in Women 18-49 Viewers

Toups

• Members

Days numbers are scary. They look like GL numbers from a few years back. What happened on Thurs and Fri for such low numbers??

Remember the days when Y&R got 1 million viewers in the demos. Now they can barely break 800,000 viewers. Looks like the whole Phyliss rehash is a dud. Congrats to MAB for another ratings grabber.

I doubt the ratings will change much under Whitesell and Tomlin. They were failures before and will be again. Days is on life support just waiting for the plug to be unplugged.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They also brought the ratings up before.

There are no stories now, and I can't say the upcoming event is going to do much to help. They need to get past the idea that we need events and shocks - that type of casual viewer has moved on.

I also hope this tells someone that the latest installment of EJ against the world/EJ and his groupies/Chandler Massey Smirkathon isn't going to bring in viewers.

I think actors have talked about them, but I don't think they've actually talked themselves.

• Members

I honestly think Days learned that mistake about letting those hacks MarDar speak some much last year.

One more week of this garbage. They did alot of damage that Days might never recoupe, they were suppose to mix the mess of DH, but made the show ever worse.

• Members

The stories are garbage, most of the acting is poor, the pacing is terrible, and there's no reason to care about anyone, there's no investment. The Connie story is one of the worst acted and written I have ever seen on any soap. Who wants to see Joe Jr whistling through his dentures?

• Members

Thanks Toups! Horrible ratings for Days. I hope the Olympic Cliffhanger bring in high ratings for Days..

No kidding! I love me some EJ, but EJami is a complete turn off for me. I just can't get past EJ raping Sami. I enjoy EJ with other people, but around Sami he sucks!

• Members

Wasn't this week the week where Nicole was screwing Daniel six ways from Sunday? Further faux drama with Ian and Brady with Kate in the background clueless? Can't blame three people for an entire show that sucks.

• Members

OLTL and AMC are gone. Who cares about ratings now? tongue.png

Seriously though, I made some enemies arguing over these shows and in hindsight I wish I had toned it down some. There some great folks here and I kind of miss the bantering on these threads.

I read elsewhere where someone was complaining that GH has become the Todd show. That sound kind of good to me, but I can't bring myself to get invested again. It's nice to see that many are still invested. I would truly hate to see what left of the genre disappear.

• Members

But the show is still about Sonny and Jason. Sure, there are bits that are better than Guza's GH but this is still the Sonny & Jason show with the intrusion of OLTL characters (who a lot of GH viewers resent). Backburn Sonny and Jason, backburn the Livers for a while, give other characters some good writing, and bring back vets and write them decently. This is not rocket science - except to those who work behind the scenes in daytime. whistling.jpg

Archived