Narcissistic Rielle Hunter - John Edwards' now Ex-girlfriend

Ann_SS

• Members

I swear, this woman is all over the media and the Internet. I cannot escape her so I feel compelled to start this thread. I am not surprised that all this time she and Edwards have been together. He is obviously totally in love with her. I am just glad that I never supported his political campaign. He always struck me as fake as hell. Regardless, I actually can understand his situation. He was no longer in love with his wife, she was dying, and he was running for president so he could not leave her. However, this does not excuse him picking this indiscreet unbalanced money grubbing woman who cares for no one, but herself and craves celebrity shows that he has no judgment and that he would have been a horrific president. For the first time in my life, I am grateful for the National Inquirer. I feel sorry for his children including the one he has with this woman. They are ones stuck with these pair of losers.

This is my favorite blog comment on her: http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/rielle-hunter-john-edwardss-mistress-is-grilled-on-the-view/2012/06/26/gJQAJDhF5V_story.html?hpid=z14

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I dont think his extramarital affair has any bearing on his ability to be a president and I think people focus so much on that when a GOOD chunk of politicians cheat on their wives. As a citizen...I really dont care. Its not my business and I didnt make vows with him and he didnt with me. Thats between he and his wife. I dont think I would have minded him as president even in light of this stuff with Rielle which has since come out in recent years. I dont know much about her to have an opinion either way, so I cant say much in regards to how I feel about her

• Members

I thought that I was pretty clear in my comment that it was not the affair I had a problem with. It was the fact that he would get involved with such an indiscreet woman. I never bought into John Edwards' claim of fighting poverty. He always struck me as rehearsed and fake. I am glad that he did not win the nomination and was not picked as vice president. He has his millions to keep him company.

• Members

I've often heard how people couldn't stomach the notion of voting for McCain because he chose Palin for his VP. That's fair enough, but what about voters--like myself--who were gravely disappointed in Bush but still couldn't stomach voting for Kerry in 2004 because he selected Edwards as his running-mate? (And, for all her vices, nothing Palin has done was as terrible as what Edwards did.) Kerry made a massive mistake by selecting a fraud like Edwards; not only did it turn voters off, but it robbed him of a running-mate who had his (Kerry's) best interests at heart. (Edwards was looking out for his future 2008 campaign, and didn't give a crap about Kerry.)

This article was written by long-time Democratic operative (and Kerry adviser) Bob Shrum, and states that Kerry regrets choosing pretty boy John:

http://www.time.com/...26498-1,00.html

The individual Kerry really wanted to chose was none other than Senator McCain (whom Democrats were hyping at the time, only to trash him four years later). After McCain declined, Kerry had other options, including Dick Gephardt. While Gephardt didn't "excite" voters and the media the way Edwards did, he certainly would have been a much better choice, since his loyalties would have been with Kerry.

It's very scary to think how many voters were duped by Edwards' claims that he cared about the poor. And it is equally frightening to realize he would have become vice-president had fewer than 60,000 votes switched in Ohio in 2004.

• Members

After following the trial, I have to wonder about how Edwards was planning to support Rielle in the style she had demanded and become accustomed to if he had gotten into the White House. The jury let him off the hook, but from the testimony presented, it was clear that Edwards was essentially skimming his campaign funds to pay for her health insurance and other expenses while getting his wealthy supporters to funnel hundred of thousands of dollars to support this woman. If he had gotten the nomination or had become Obama's VP pick or even the attorney general position he was angling for, the scandal would have devastated the Democratic party while the Republicans had a field day.

• Members

I completely agree with this. However, I was not surprised that Edwards got off, because the prosecution's star witness (Andrew Young) had ethical problems of his own. (Any decent defense attorney can turn the tables and put a flawed prosecution witness on trial, thus creating "reasonable doubt" in some people's minds.)

• Members

Edwards is scum and he and his girlfriend are a perfect fit. Cheating on your wife does not disqualify you for president, just ask Bill Clinton and probably more than half the people who came before him. What disqualifies him is his egomania and crass sleaze. Everyone loves a scoundrel, but no one loves a scumbag.

• Members

THIS. It's such a shame, though--I was such a supporter of his in 2004 (then again, I was a 15 year old Democrat in training with a hopeless crush on him--ah, misguided youth!) that I wanted him to be president over Kerry at first. I think I can safely say that I have wised up with time.

Of course, I will be thinking of his kids--and the wonderful woman Elizabeth always was (and clearly, her husband never deserved to have in the first place).

• Members

LOL! She makes me want to break my promise to myself to never use sexually derogatory terms to describe women. Whatever the truth about Elizabeth Edwards, how can Rielle Hunter write those things about her in that book? She is bad mouthing the deceased mother of Edwards' three children. Now she can never have a relationship with them and any future with Edwards is probably over. Rielle is simply indiscreet, self-absorbed, and deluded. This book is simply proof that everything that the Youngs testified on the stand about her was true.

Rielle should have followed the example of the most famous lover/mistress of our generation, Camilla Parker Bowles. You think that Camilla thought Diane was the saint that she was portrayed in the media? Yet Camilla was discreet, kept her mouth shut and took the abuse. Quietly, she built strong relationships with William and Harry. She and Charles got them, Queen Elizabeth, and the British public to accept her place in his life. Now she is married to Charles and if Charles out lives his mother, she will be Queen one day.

• Members

I know what you're saying and normally I try to stay away from terms like "slut" and "ho" even though I also freely use them to describe men. (For instance, I can't think of a better term for John Edwards than "slut.") But for some reason, when I look at and listen to Rielle Hunter, "trashy ho" is the only term that really seems to fit. Not "whore" because I consider that a job title, but "ho." And it's not because she's the "other woman", I didn't have any real opinion about her based on that. I have friends who've gotten involved with married men - some of them are married women - so I don't judge the morals of that. But I find Hunter disgusting because after all this time she won't take responsibility for her actions, won't hold Edwards responsible for his actions but instead tries to claim that it's all the dead woman's fault for not keeping her man sexually satisfied. She's a loathsome, bottomfeeding loser and the person who gave her a book deal should be punched in the throat.

• Members

As Sophia from the Golden Girls would say....tramp, whore, slut they are all the same.....lol

She sure has no class and is so trashy. What John Edwards found in here is beyond me. ....I've lost any respect I had for this man...they both do deserve each other and his daughter with Elizabeth has more class than he does in his entire body. If I were her I would have kicked his sorry ass to the curb.

Archived