THE TONY AWARDS (SPOILER)

reallyhateskateonlost

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UgvG2pKQAXE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

As for this year's Tony's, I was happy for Once, which I initially saw off-Broadway and had the deepest emotional connection to that I haven't had in a while. It's more like a play with songs than a typical musical. It was far better than the movie it was adapted from.

• Members

I do not like NPH, he's way too self-aware and cutesy for my taste. Everything is so staged and "look at me, I'm so funny and talented!" with him. Ugh.

I'm happy for James Corden. I haven't seen One Man, Two Guvnors though.

I liked Gavin & Stacey, so it's always nice to see someone have success that most Americans probably have never heard of. He seems like a genuinely nice lad too.

• Members

He seems to be fairly unpopular in the UK (a lot of "He's gotten above himself" feeling). I have only seen him on Doctor Who but I enjoyed him on there; he even came back the next season.

I was reading about all the controversy over Sondheim's condemnation of the Porgy and Bess remake and how this almost killed the show before it even opened. I wonder how their business is. I guess if Eric ever comes back, he'd know.

• Members

Between the movie and the B'way show, though, I'm just sick of hearing about "Once." I'd much rather see "Ounce", the heart-warming tale of two potheads who find their way (through the haze) to each other...through song.

Archived