May 28 - June 1, 2012

Toups

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

GH revolves around gimmicks which aren't half as clever as they think they are, and bored men degrading women. It's also very poorly written and staged, bad dialogue, bad acting, weak directing. I wish that the ratings falling on the week of their big baby switch start would tell them something.

I know the demos still aren't good enough for DAYS to stay around but I do hope they can turn it around. Unfortunately the Stefano shooting is all so lackluster, not sure if they will keep those viewers.

• Members

I wonder how CBS really feels about B&B's performance. 1.1 million less people watched B&B then YR. Maybe the international sales do well to make up for that but if I were a programmer B&B would be a red flag to me. In fact Id say B&B is doing worse than Both Days & GH

• Members
I agree! GH was pretty good last week and this week. I like the way they are weaving some of OLTL's characters into GH.. At least GH increased in the key demo that the networks counts.

I'm glad dreadful Days got a little bump for Stefano's stunt death.. I watch Days out of pure loyalty. I'm not enjoying a single story or character on Days right now.

• Members

I don't get the logic. Why is there an expectation. B&B perform equal to Y&R? It never has. If that a the case AMC and OLtl were flops on ABC for years, underperforming GH for years in all categories.

It is the only soap to maintain consistency for the most part from week to week with gains from last year in every category. Why on earth would CBS consider that a flop? No soap is a whopping success but I'm not sure why the need by some to diminish what B&B has been able to accomplish with a fairly inexpensive younger cast.

• Members

It's been that way for years. If CBS is unhappy with this why wasn't B&B cancelled years ago. Why doesn't ABC cancel Private Practice because it doesn't hold it's lead or CBS cancel the Mentalist because it doesn't retain it's lead or how about every comedy ABC has put on after Modern family. Lead ins help but no one expects the entire audience to be retained it's a diff show. I can only recall a couple shows in recent years that went onto surpass it's strong leadin.TBBT on CBS surpassing Men for one.

Archived