Academy Award Nominations

Roman

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well I'm so happy Crash got the Oscar love....

HOWEVER I'm so torn because Crash and Brokeback Mountain are hands down my two favorite movies of the year and I really want Brokeback Mountain to win, but I also want Crash to win. Could there be a tie please? haha...

I really think Don Cheadle or Terrence Howard should have been nominated over Matt Dillon in Crash - but happy for Matt just the same.

I also am happy to see Jake and Michelle Williams for BBM nominated - they were every bit as good as Heath (who has gotten way more attention).

I'm torn between Reese and Felicity.

I saw History of Violence a long time ago - and I remember Viggo and Ed - but I couldn't remember William Hurt until I googled him - and his performance was way too small and unmemorable to take a nomination spot.

• Members

really dont understand all the hoopla over Crash, hope BBM wins.

Shock to see Keira Knightley on that list, i wouldnt mind if she won though, it will be like when Audrey Hepburn won for Roman Holiday. Its not that they are outstanding actresses, its just they have a radiance on screen that is really great to watch.

• Members

I wanted to see Thandie Newton get nominated for Crash. To me her and Terrance Howard were the best part of the movie. The scene when Thandie lashes out at Terrance was very well done.

I'd really like to see Crash win but I think Brokeback Mountain will be the big winner.

• Members

I like it that there is no big blockbuster this year hogging 14 nominations. It is a very balanced year but still some of those political choices like Munich..... it was a good film but I don't think it deserved to make the top 5. Crash though big thumbs up. That was an awesome choice I was so happy to see it get in there and the SAG win for ensemble helps it immensely but this is Brokeback's year which is just as equally amazing!

Archived