Academy Award Nominations

Roman

• Members

LOL crc. :lol: I wonder how they'll pull off that one.

Yay for the Crash love. Matt was good but I am disappointed Thandie got zilch. She was amazing in that movie. And as much as Terrence's nom for H&F is kind of controversial, I am glad for him. He's done nothing but impress me in his transition from supporting roles on TV to leading man status. Will he win the Oscar? I highly doubt it. But this major step makes me feel like there are bigger things out there for him in the future, which makes me a pretty happy camper too. :)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just read in the new Entertainment Weekly that William Hurt was in History of Violence for a total of 10 minutes. No wonder I don't rememeber his performance in that movie! What a shame the Academy is wasting a nomination on 10 minutes. No matter how good 10 minutes can be, I think you have to play a bigger role in a movie to get such a highly respected award. I'm pissed!

• Members

Judi Dench won in 1999 for an 8 minute performance, but the shortest win goes to Beatrice Straight (Network) who was on for only 5 minutes and 40 seconds. However, Straight completely deserved her Oscar. She may have been in for a short period of time, but she blew everyone else out of the water.

And think, Anthony Hopkins won LEAD actor for only 20 or so minutes on screen.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived