Y&R: Actor Out!

• Members

Frankly, as much as I want always to respect history, I hate that Paul's relationship with crazy Isabella produced Ricky in the first place. To me, it was just one more example of a soap creating unnecessary offspring.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Word to that. I had forgotten Ricky even existed til this. Then again, I detested the original Isabella storyline.

That said, I enjoyed Ricky and Peter Porte and with Jen Landon coming on, I'd MUCH rather have watched Crazy Ricky & Heather with Paul as father than Crazy Adam & Victoria with Victor heading the crew.

I think Porte was understated and underrated and I hope he returns, instead of the constantly returning Ronan.

• Members

I like rotten Ricky but his exit is no surprise. He's a villain for Phyllis and nothing more. Bye bye evil seed. I bet MAB wants to shift focus to Paul's other kid Heather since she handpicked JL to play her. I guess all of Ricky's digging into Phyllis' past will amount to nothing unless he writes the book, turns up dead, then someone else finds the book.

• Members

So Noted. The difference is that these men were ALL reformed. With the exception of Jana, all the women were sacrificed. (Sheila is a different category, of course) One might argue that Phyllis met the criteria based on her behavior and, likely, the original concept of her character. I did forget a couple of others, Matt Clark and Carmen. I had a theory that Y&R always had a psycho story every other year. I guess we've been blessed with a psychotic 2012. Ugh.

• Members

Umm, Ricky's not a legacy character. The term legacy character gets thrown around way too loosely around here. It doesn't apply to every child of every vet that ever existed. Hell, I don't even consider Heather a legacy character.

• Members

Those are only three male psychos that were kept on the show (they aren't really redeemed given the current problems many viewers have with all three of those characters).

How aren't Heather & Ricky legacy characters?

• Members

This is unfortunate but predictable. I'm still really enjoying Y&R at the moment, and few seem to be giving MAB the proper credit. Instead, it seems as if she gets a bad wrap for everything.

• Members

Ricky and Heather not legacy characters? Really? Legacy children are those who born on-screen (or we know existed) during a specific storyline. For example, Keemo is not, but Kyle is. Noah and Faith are, but Cassie is not because there was absolutely no reason for us to believe that Sharon had this backstory. It was completely pulled out of thin air.

Archived