Your Favorite Childhood Movies

MissLlanviewPA

• Members

What are the movies you watched in your childhood that give you a wave of instant nostalgia?

When I think about this, I almost always think of a certain group of movies that I watched constantly between the ages of 7-10. They are:

A Little Princess (1995 version)

Matilda

Harriet the Spy

Annie (1982 version)

The Baby Sitters Club Movie

The Parent Trap (both versions with Hayley Mills AND Lindsay Lohan)

Madeline

The Secret Garden (1987 Hallmark TV movie version)

And I also have to include my favorite Disney movie: Peter Pan, because it's just feels right to me. And The Brave Little Toaster, Pinocchio, and 101 Dalmatians (animated version), as those are the Disney movies I remember watching most as a kid.

Also, a special mention to the movie Poltergeist, which I saw for the first time at the age of 9 or 10 (probably 10), and introduced me to the horror genre ph34r.png . I used to watch it over and over.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Who Framed Roger Rabbit

Annie (1982)

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

Sleeping Beauty

The Rescuers

Pollyanna

Crocodile Dundee

ET

Paper Moon

Beauty and the Beast

Strictly Ballroom

Special Mention- I wasn't really a "child" per se, but when I was like 13, I watched All That Jazz over and over again till the tape finally gave out.

• Members

Small Soldiers

The Little Rascals

Jumanji

Sister Act 2

Aladdin

Casper Movies

Homeward Bound

Toy Story

Indian in the Cupboard

Beethoven Movies

Dennis the Menace

Can I mention some Disney Channel Original Movies? LOL. Zenon, The Thirteenth Year, Smart House, Johnny Tsunami, The Color of Friendship, Quints, The Other Me, Mom's Got a Date With A Vampire, Motocrossed, Cadet Kelly, Get a Clue, Gotta Kick it Up, The Cheetah Girls, and Pixel Perfect. wub.png I remembered one movie & the memories started flooding in & I found the rest on Wikipedia!

OMG! Yes to all of these.

The Sandlot wub.png One of my favorite movies ever, that movie NEVER gets old for me.

Don't even get me started on Matilda.

wub.png "We love our bread and butter....but most of all, we love each other" wub.png LOL.

Bright Eyes thank you for specifying the only Home Alone movies that mattered! LOL. Those movies bring back soo many memories!

As for favorite Disney movie, it has to be Aladdin. I have always been attached to that movie for some reason. Can I mention my least favorite disney movie to? MissLlanviewPA, when I saw you mention the Brave Little Toaster it immediately brought back bad memories for me. Just UGH. Hated everything about that that movie, I always thought it was scary and stupid. LOL

• Members

I've never actually seen this movie, but I literally moved to America right after it came out and on my very first day of school, the teacher told the everyone that I'd just moved there from South Africa and some kid shouted out "IT'S JUST LIKE THE COLOR OF FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!!!!" and later I was ambushed in the hallway by 10 kids asking me like a million questions about it.

• Members

I can't believe I forget Who Framed Roger Rabbit? That and Space Jam! To this day I always get those two confused. LoL

And we cannot forget all those Olsen twin mini movies they had. Then there was It Takes Two (I'll always like it better than The Parent Trap! ohmy.png ) And, of course, Double Double, Toil and Trouble (or something to that effect.) The one where the grandmother's an evil witch.

Archived