Soap questions you want to ask but havent

• Members

Days

When Lexie was stuck in the tunnel a few years back, how was her absense explained? Was she presumed dead? Why was she trapped down there anyway? Why did Andre do that to her and how was she freed?

B&B:

Is Brooke the only woman in soaps who has slept with, gotten pregnant AND given birth to her daughter's man? The latter part seemed to take the whole mother/man/daughter triangle to a whole other level that I dont recall was ever done before or after that

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

On Y&R, did they make a "thing" of Kay being older than Phillip? Seeing old clips, it's obvious to me that Donnelly Rhodes is younger than Jeanne Cooper (I just looked them up on IMDb and she is about a decade older) and I was wondering if the characters were supposed to be the same age. Or if, say, during the original Jill fiasco there was stated or implied information during an argument or something about Phillip having married an older woman.

Hm, okay. So an off-screen character.

• Members

A slightly different set-up, but Olivia slept with, got pregnant and gave birth to her daughter Caitlin's man, Cole, on Sunset Beach.

B&B: Why did they get rid of Dylan/Jessica/Jasmine/Sly/Maggie/James (and whoever else) in 1997? Was it just Brad's ADD kicking in, or had they generally run their course? Had the show had these mass exoduses during the early years?

• Members

Brad Bell never had any idea what to do with Maggie, Dylan, Jessica, Jasmine, etc. The real gold was the Maggie/Dylan relationship, but the show got cold feet, and instead Dylan was put into a silly and very dated stripper storyline before being phased out entirely. Jessica just had PSA stories her whole run on the show. Maggie lost any purpose once they made her bland and blonde. Jasmine was one of the typical Brad Bell characters who came in with a tiny story idea and then got nothing else.

• Members

Abe kicked Lexie out of the house and she and Tek were in a car crash but their bodies weren't found. It was strongly hinted that EJ was responsible for it. During that time Stefano was very ill and in a hospital in Italy while Andre was still in prison. EJ was the big bad DiMera calling all the shots and terrorizing Salem. But then several months later when Joe and Thaao returned, Sheffer decided to make Andre the fault guy and he started his so called redemption of EJ.

You can see clips of it here:

http://daytimeroyalt...48894&t=8675270

• Members

DAYS question: When EJ first came to Salem SORAS'd as racecar driver EJ Wells, how was it revealed why he was using the surname Wells? He knew he was a DiMera the whole time he was at boarding school (correct?), so was he simply hiding his DiMera heritage or why did he go by that surname? I can't remember the reveal but I remember the weird racecar driving Days and him moving into Sami's apartment building. Obviously it was to temporarily hide his identity from the audience but I'm trying to remember how it played out onscreen and when Stefano returned in the scheme of that story.

• Members

None of these characters left in 1997. Dylan, Jessica, Sly and Jasmine were written off in the fall of 1996 after their stories had ended. Maggie lasted until March 1998, and James left in February 1999.

The biggest exodus happened in 2002 when they got rid of Taylor, Whip, Ziggy, Sheila, CJ, Antonio, Kristen, Zende, Erica and Sofia within the span of several weeks.

Archived